S>O>S (Soul On Sat'day)

Beatin Rhythm

Hi Soul Diggers,

Has summer gone, is it time to move on? It may well be the start of Autumn tomorrow, but vinyl is ALWAYS in season and here, just to prove it, is a list of Northern and Modern Soul Sevens for your consideration.

1. A Love Like Yours - STEVE MANCHA (Groove City)..................VG++..................£35

2. You Can Be My Lover - BEVERLY CROSBY (Bareback)............VG++............£25

3. The Doctor - MARY WELLS (UK Stateside, 1968)..............Mint-.............excellent, cool attitude finger-clicker almost in the Modern Soul category, lovely.................£25

4. Integrity - ARETHA FRANKLIN (Arista).............Mint-.....................£25

5. I Can't See What You See In Me - THE JONESES (Mercury)..................VG++...........great Modern Soul dancer from 1974 but is sounding like a recipe for success for any DJ opting to play it now............£45

6. Jealousy / Heart Break - CARLENA WEAVER (Audel)...............£100

7. Looking For the Right Guy - KIM WESTON (Motown)............Mint-...................£25

8. Tough - LORD LUTHER & THE COUNTS (Lusan)...........VG++.................rare R&B/Northern dancer....................£65

9. One wonderful Moment - THE SHAKERS (ABC demo).............Mint-......................£55

10. At The Discotheque - CHUBBY CHECKER (UK Cameo Parkway, 1965)............VG++.............Twisted Wheel biggie......................£25

11. One Night Affair - JERRY BUTLER (Mercury)...................VG++...............Northern Soul of Philadelphia come on down! Not playing this yet? Get with the beat Baggy, it's well-liked round here................£10

12. Dust Got In Daddy's Eyes - BOBBY BLAND (Duke)...............VG++...........superb R&B/Northern stormer; dig out your old Sunset Radio cassettes and hear Richard Searling speaking highly of this and play it one more time.............£10

13. Working On Your Case / Hold On - THE O'JAYS (Minit).............VG++...................some of the Very Best Northern Soul came out on Minit, innit?............£30

14. Independent Woman - JAN JONES (Day-Wood)...................Mint-..................Modern Room ladies anthem and a genuine rarity to treasure...................£250

15. Ain't No Soul (In These Old Shoes) - MAJOR LANCE (Okeh).................picture sleeve..................VG++..................£35

16. Love Don't You Go Through No Changes On Me - SISTER SLEDGE (Atco)...........VG++................£20

17. Sister James - NINO TEMPO & 5th Ave. SAX (A&M)...................VG++...................£20

18. Sleep With Me / I Wanna Do You - WILLIE & BARBARA (Reid's World)..............Mint-.............£100

19. Put Your Love To The Test - MALCOLM HAYES (Filmways demo)..................VG++................£145

20. You're Not Loving A Beginner - JESSE FISHER (Way Out)..........Mint-.......happy days Premier League Northern sure to win a round of applause for the DJ who spins it, it's all good.................£120

Many thanks for looking through the list. If there's anything here that you'd like to buy then please reply through Soul Source or phone 0161 834 7783 (10.00 am - 5.15 pm Monday to Saturday or 11.00 am - 4.00 pm on Sundays) to order or reserve an item.

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source