Dave Godin's Funeral

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If anyone out there's planning to attend Dave Godin's funeral & needs to stay in Rotherham overnight they're welcome to stay at mine. Won't be going myself as I didn't know him on a personal level. I only have limited space so please call first.

Home: 01709 549268

Mobile: 07765524739

Mark.

Social source share

This will take place at 3.40 pm on Thursday 28th Oct at Rotherham Crematorium, Ridgeway, East Herringthorpe Rotherham, S65 3NN. There is limited parking inside the crematorium grounds, so it would be appreciated if you could park your cars on the road outside, unless you have special needs. It would help if we had a rough idea of numbers attending so please contact me on this address ( ady.croasdell@btinternet.com ) with the names of those you think will be attending.

The funeral directors are Co-operative Funeral Directors, Clyde Villas, Doncaster Rd, Rotherham, S65 2DA. Tel 01709 828818 who will advise as to flowers, if you would like to send any. Donations are still welcome to The Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0NU cheques payable to The Elisabeth Svendsen Trust For Children And Donkeys. Dave's body will be at the Chapel Of Rest at the above address from this Thursday 21st Oct to Wednesday 27th Oct and there will be a book of remembrance, please feel free to visit if you would like to.

There will be a celebratory dance at the Hellaby Hall Hotel, Old Hellaby Lane, Near Rotherham, S66 8FN from 6pm until approximately 12am. Deep Soul music will be played from 6-8pm in particular. A vegetarian and vegan buffet will be available from 8pm. Hellaby Hall is about half a mile to the east of junction 1 on the M18 on the road to Maltby/Doncaster, it's on the left hand side. The M18 branches off the M1 at junction 32.

There are frequent trains from London St Pancras to Sheffield and also frequent connections to Rotherham. However St Pancras station is more awkward to get to now so allow 10 extra minutes for that part of your journey. If you book more than seven days in advance you may be able to secure a cheaper ticket. The last train from Sheffield to London leaves at 8.27 pm so you would have to leave the hotel around 7.30pm to catch that; a room for the night may be preferable. Taxis from Rotherham station can be a problem, we have alerted the local firms but you could pre-order one by ringing A1 taxis on 01709 555555.

The practicalities over, I'd like to say thanks to everyone on behalf of Dave and his friends for the overwhelming outpouring of affection and respect for this amazing man. Dave often quoted that what lives on after we are gone is love and that's been proved in the last few days. He was always sorry to be missing his own funeral, he suspected it would be a joyous occasion. We'll have to make sure we prove him right.

Ady

PS There are two stunning obituaries today in the Guardian and Independent, which we're putting on the 6ts website. The 100 + tributes to Dave in the Book Of Condolence on the site are something else too. https://www.6ts.info

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!