Unknown (?) Bahamian Funk 45

Godzilla

I recently came across this 45 from the Bahamas: Sun, Sand and Sea / Part 2 by The Message on Dyn-O-Mite. It's a nice funk track with organ and wah-wah guitar. The instrumental flip is to my mind reminiscent of Beginning of The End's recordings. Zero results on google, discogs, popsike etc.

Anyone got, heard of or know anything about this record?

Thanks.

post-1918-0-58711700-1379236108_thumb.pn

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

No ideas then guys?

I'm guessing it's just the wrong sort of sound for this forum then, despite the generally more open approach to non-NS sounds compared with a few years ago. Have to say that it's times like these however,  when - despite my genuine respect for this board -  I miss the old funk forum. I'm certain that someone on there would have turned out to be an expert on Bahamian recordings.

Clip added just in case anyone is interested in this sort of thing.

message 1.mp3

Social source share

some background and news of a new version shows up here...

Speaking on behalf of the group, Jodi told Tribune Entertainment: “We also wanted a song that promoted the Bahamas, a song that would bring more tourists here. This song Bahama Islands actually came from a song called “Sun Sand and Sea” back in 1975, which was written by my dad’s friend Kirk Carey.”
#She said the song was improved with new music, and rewritten with new lyrics and lots of harmony.
#“Back in 1975 there was only one radio station so the song did not get that much promotion as it should. Also Kirk’s band that recorded the song, came to an end shortly after releasing it,” said Jodi.

https://www.tribune242.com/news/2013/apr/03/sisters-hope-take-talent-global/

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!