New David Gest Legends Of Soul

Saw it in Blackpool a few years ago , the Mrs. wanted to go (I didn't :wicked: ) so obviously we went :lol: . To be honest I quite enjoyed it , having seen Jimmy Ruffin live made my day , to be honest there were loads of top Soul artists and as someone said they only did one or two songs each , which seemed such a waste.

It would be even better if that little wonker David Guest wasn't there , he is fookin strange and came across a bit pervy with his 2 midgets in stockings  :yes: each to there own I suppose  :wicked:  , it seems all he wants to do is let you know he knows everybody who's famous. He was Micheal Jacksons best mate , so what ? I suppose some of these artists are at least earning a few quid from it though , which is a plus.

Swifty :wink:

Social source share

• 4 months later...

The legend of soul tour at St. Helens theatre royal was a fantastic show considering their ages ,their talent, personalities and of course their vocal range shone through god bless all of them.you might not get the chance to ever see a line up like this soon .well done david gest for putting these lineups together

Edited by Hooker1951
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

The legend of soul tour at St. Helens theatre royal was a fantastic show considering their ages ,their talent, personalities and of course their vocal range shone through god bless all of them.you might not get the chance to ever see a line up like this soon .well done david gest for putting these lineups together

Agree entirely. It was hard to see Little Anthony not do better use your head and Eddie Holman not do where I'm not wanted or hurt but, having gone with only vague hopes that they might, the joy of seeing them at all completely took over. 

I have to say that I unexpectedly, really enjoyed both Ce Ce Peniston and Jody Watley.

Great to see Eddie Floyd. Last saw him mid eighties in Manchester, he's aged better than me. Temptations were very impressive too. David Guest said he was coming back with another tour in October....I'll go again.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Saw the show last weekend at Skegness.

It was brilliant !

All the acts were superb and yes, they can all still belt them out !!!!

They do 2 or 3 songs each and stick to the well know stuff.

Highlight for me was Sheila Ferguson.

She's still gorgeous and sounds great.

Gwen Dickie has a hell of a voice as well but she had to perform in a wheelchair because she had hurt her back.

Eddie Holman had some leather trousers on !!!! 

I highly recommend the show to everyone.

:yes:  :thumbup:  :yes:  :thumbup:

Edited by soulhawk1960
Social source share

Guest stazoftod

Saw the show last night in Halifax, all acts can still hit their notes, disappointed there was no Pery Sledge - recovering from cancer or Eddie Floyd - no reason given. Highlight for me was Eddie Holman and Little Anthony. Enjoyed the concert would go again.

Social source share

We saw the Halifax show last Sunday and really enjoyed it.

Best acts for me were Dennis Edwards and the Temptations review - Dennis can still belt out a song and did a great duet of Don't Look Any Further with Louise, one of the backing singers - and Gwen Dickey - what a voice!  Mrs Dazzler had a tear in her eye when Gwen sang Wishing on a Star.

When Eddie Holman sang Hey There Lonely Girl it was so true to the original (including all the high notes) that I could have sworn he was miming.  Sheila Ferguson was energetic and very polished and professional but for me not particularly soulful.  It was good to see Little Anthony but a pity he did only two numbers.  Most disappointing for me were Ce Ce Peniston and Jodi Whatley (who sounded like Janet Jackson (not that that's a bad thing)) and Candi Staton.  Overall a good show - even David Gest was amusing at times!

Social source share

just got back from the Stockport show and have to say all the acts that appeared were superb , but no mention of eddie floyd and they did mention that percy sledge was in hospital with cancer

this show is well worth the money, even if eddie holman and little anthony didnt sing the northern soul hits we know and love them for

good to see paul williams junior in the temps lineup, excellent show they did too , but not one artist was poor and thats saying something, despite gwen having a bad back and having to be helped on and off stage, she could really sing even sitting down !!!

if its as good at oldham as it was in stockport !! - well !!

Edited by soundsOKEH
Social source share

Saw the show in Carlisle last night and can really only echo what the previous posts have said.

As 'Bobby D' said, you would have thought Eddie Holman was miming, he was so good.

It was a pity that Percy Sledge and Eddie Floyd were missing, but never the less it was an excellent show and the crowd were up for it.

Hopefully Guest will bring his October show back up this way.

Just like to add, having now seen both the Otis Williams Temptations and the Dennis Edwards one, I have to say that the Otis one is much superior.

Social source share

i too was at the carlisle show last night and enjoyed all the artists,highlight for me was meeting them all backstage and having my records signed by them photos etc,especially dennis edwards who signed the precious johnny on the spot  , and candi staton signing  now you got the upper hand , they were all fantastic........little anthony better use your head r/w demo and gonna fix you good r/w demo ,eddie holman  i surrender etc etc....all still have it..a brilliant show.well done david.

Edited by stanley
Social source share

Saw the show last night in Stevenage, highlight for me was Little Anthony he sang Going out of my head, Tears on my pillow and an unscheduled Take me Back - spine tingling stuff!  Gwen Dickey and Eddie Holman were also stand outs.  A bit disappointed with the Temptations review with Dennis Edwards and Candi Staton but overall an enjoyable evening out.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!