Eddie Holman '80s Album Track?

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

Whilst there have been a number of excellent threads on '80s soul recently I thought I'd see if anyone out there can remember an album track by Eddie Holman. Was a Gospel album released early '80s and had a track played quite a lot at Stafford.

Anyone know it, remember and can remind me of title of track, name of album and a sound file would be the icing on the cake!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Whilst there have been a number of excellent threads on '80s soul recently I thought I'd see if anyone out there can remember an album track by Eddie Holman. Was a Gospel album released early '80s and had a track played quite a lot at Stafford.

Anyone know it, remember and can remind me of title of track, name of album and a sound file would be the icing on the cake!

I think it was called United, got a realease on Charly UK did it not, Ady/Tony?, and it was decent if I remember rightly, cant check as all my records are in boxes, again, for a house move this week.

He was promoting it when he was on at Stafford, again I think.

Cheers

Jock

PS all facts above are from a very tired brain so somebody may want to confirm!! I am sure its got a blue cover if thats any help :)

Social source share

The 'United' album was a Gospel / Soul album on the 'New Cross Gospel Series' label. The title track is a superb ballad, but the only tracks from this LP that would work on the dancefloor would be "Thank You For Saving Me" or "Holy Ghost" both excellent 80's dancers.

On the subject of gorgeous, falsetto neo gospel numbers, check out Little Anthony's 'Daylight' LP on the Songbird label for a blinding track in "Love Was Born For Me". Probably one of the finest 'unplayed / undiscovered' 80's dancers.

Ya hoyd it here foyst!

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest uroffal

The 'United' album was a Gospel / Soul album on the 'New Cross Gospel Series' label. The title track is a superb ballad, but the only tracks from this LP that would work on the dancefloor would be "Thank You For Saving Me" or "Holy Ghost" both excellent 80's dancers.

On the subject of gorgeous, falsetto neo gospel numbers, check out Little Anthony's 'Daylight' LP on the Songbird label for a blinding track in "Love Was Born For Me". Probably one of the finest 'unplayed / undiscovered' 80's dancers.

Ya hoyd it here foyst!

Sean Hampsey

Thanks to both Jocko and you for the info.

"Thank You For Saving Me" rings a bit of a bell. Checked on internet for info on the 'United' LP and found it was 1985 release, but seem to remember it being earlier than that (could be wrong of course).

Social source share

Agree.

:huh:

Always rated this track... along with "Time Will Tell"

Sean Hampsey

Well done lads !

I thought I was alone in appreciating this fantastic Salsoul LP by Eddie Holman ! The whole Lp is a gem, especially, as Sean says, Where Have You Been All My Life , and some top draw ballads too ! :lol:

Agree.

:lol:

Always rated this track... along with "Time Will Tell"

Sean Hampsey

Well done lads !

I thought I was alone in appreciating this fantastic Salsoul LP by Eddie Holman ! The whole Lp is a gem, especially, as Sean says, Where Have You Been All My Life , and some top draw ballads too ! :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!