Mary Love Comer-Co-Love Caught Up

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

This was played at the time of release (1989) and a bit after. I thought it was quite odd that this 12" released was issued in between the two LP's but wasn't included in either of them. It may have even been a joint venture with Rod Dearlove and Brad Comer.  I thought "More Than Enough Love" was quite catchy, but was spoilt by that inane rap. 

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

I will never forget Mr Comer singing El Shobey 'never missed what you got' brilliant encore at Mary Love gig ! My all time favourite 100 club moment !

What's the story behind that Ady ? Did he take much persuading ?

Edited by Polyvelts
Social source share

This was played at the time of release (1989) and a bit after. I thought it was quite odd that this 12" released was issued in between the two LP's but wasn't included in either of them. It may have even been a joint venture with Rod Dearlove and Brad Comer.  I thought "More Than Enough Love" was quite catchy, but was spoilt by that inane rap. 

So Caught Up was popular for a short while on the Modern scene then but it didn't get any "Northern" spins?

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Is there a link there?

No unfortunately, only my over the top spacing of sentences !!

Wonder if anyone captured it on film or camera ? Anyone ?

Social source share

I will never forget Mr Comer singing El Shobey 'never missed what you got' brilliant encore at Mary Love gig ! My all time favourite 100 club moment !

Cliff Steel played the record on the Friday night and John Smith asked Cliff to look at the record as he did not know it, he noticed it was written by B Comer, We then went to Interview Mary for the Cleathorpes Video, you should have seen Brad's face when John asked him about the record, he could not believe we knew the record and thought we were winding him up. Anyway when we got back to the venue we got Cliff to play the record again in the little modern room that was upstairs at the early Cleathorpes weekenders and Brad sang over the record with the DJ mike. He then performed  it again in the main room on the Sunday.

Regards

Paul

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Ady,

Of relevance I guess.  I remember this from time of release but had completely forgotten about it until I stumbled across it this morning whilst trawling for new music at this site.  Not sure what it's like but thought if would be useful to post in the interests of completeness re Mary's more contemporary output:

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bradfordcomer

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!