Dowloads Pitched Up On Youtube Etc

I'm a tradesman too and, although I might not think it's a good decision, what someone does with my work once they've bought it is up to them.

Besides, in my initial effort, I might be constrained by materials, cost...

Music is a fluid, interactive thing...it's quite meaningless if not being listened to, dance music more meaningless if not being danced to.

Very few artists have objected to theur work being sampled or covered, the ultimate bastardisation.

To object to pitch changing you're basically saying you would rather a record was never played than played pitched up. Obviously, thats crazy.

If you asked any artist if they'd rather that no one danced to their record in a club - the main place records got exposure pre internet - or that they danced ti it at + 4, do you think any artist would really prefer the former?

As long as nothing sounds wrong because of it - for example esther philips voice couldnt take much extra pitch - than why would you care.

One example I can think of is lee brackett ruby, I started playing thus in the middle of nights, to great response, but only at +4, because, although it's a great track at normal speed, it's just uncomfortably slow to dance to.

Lee stone im gonna put yiu down is another one, becomes a club track at + 4 or so

Edited by penny
Social source share

ame="drewid" post="1988981" timestamp="1380058191 refosoul

I'm a tradesman too and, although I might not think it's a good decision, what someone does with my work once they've bought it is up to them.

Besides, in my initial effort, I might be constrained by materials, cost...

Music is a fluid, interactive thing...it's quite meaningless if not being listened to, dance music more meaningless if not being danced to.

Very few artists have objected to theur work being sampled or covered, the ultimate bastardisation.

To object to pitch changing you're basically saying you would rather a record was never played than played pitched up. Obviously, thats crazy.

If you asked any artist if they'd rather that no one danced to their record in a club - the main place records got exposure pre internet - or that they danced ti it at + 4, do you think any artist would really prefer the former?

As long as nothing sounds wrong because of it - for example esther philips voice couldnt take much extra pitch - than why would you care.

One example I can think of is lee brackett ruby, I started playing thus in the middle of nights, to great response, but only at +4, because, although it's a great track at normal speed, it's just uncomfortably slow to dance to.

Lee stone im gonna put yiu down is another one, becomes a club track at + 4 or so

Lee Brackett...  More than happy to dance to it at its normal speed :wicked:  :wicked: ... :shhh:

Social source share

Lee Brackett...  More than happy to dance to it at its normal speed :wicked:  :wicked: ... :shhh:

I'm sure. It's quite subjective and down to judgement, but if I've tried it at both speeds and judge that it has more drive and urgency a bit faster and that this suits the environment I'm playing it in, and more people dance to it, then that really is my call. Especially as it's up to me to decide to play it in the first place, or not!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!