Is This 2006

Guest BOO BOO

• Replies 55
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Interesting thread and I rarely say anything on forums but VIP sounds pretty damn good to me. I missed the first Northern Soul wave but started dancing at the tail end and remember the big Soul + disco-based events in Manchester at the end of the 70s (born in 1963). I love some Northern and I just love dancing and VIP seems to work for me. I don't own any records (just CDs...pass the ammunition), and the music played on VIP is pretty good. As we get older maybe our musical tastes become more catholic (!) so a wider range of material than you might get at a typical "big nite" with a few rooms is fine by me.....Seems pretty varied so far...but not being a connoisseur and owning lots of rare vinyl might exclude me from having a valid opinion, ahem!

I also listen to net based stuff like Solar (listened to the entire prog the other night and call me a Philistine but it all seemed slow, rare rare and boring) and NorthernSoulRadio.co.uk and that's not too bad either.

Smooth FM is a huge disappointment and I think there's a market for what Mr. Roberts is trying to do. Brave man, too! Putting his money where his mouth is...

On a practical note his marketing of the product seems effective, the site feed hasn't let me down yet and all seems well thought out....

A lot of potential for further development we hope...

Ali xxx

Social source share

Guest Kitchengroove

Kev, I'd forgotten guy's name on AFN although I thought it was on around 10pm but my memory is very selective. I do remember listening to him playing Stylistics "You're a big girl now" on Sebring [was it?] and thinking I must get that.

ROD

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert