Bl**dy Ebay Bl**dy Ebay Bl**oody Ebay

Kegsy

I recently listed some cheap old crap, pop etc. that I got when buying bulk records.

I listed them on U.S. Ebay and, as anyone knows who has done this, there's the

problem of getting the postage charges right as U.S. Ebay assumes the seller to be in the U.S.

Anyway I put the correct postage ($8 to U.S.) in the item description.

Someone bought a record for $0.99 yes 99 cents, so I invoiced him for $8.99, he said the shipping stated was $2

as that was what the Ebay default is.

I told him he wont get the record unless he pays the $8 shipping and if he wanted to cancel the order that

was fine..

He has opened a case against me and is insisting I ship it for $2, (fat F*cking chance).

Anybody else had similar problems.

Kegsy

Social source share

All the time, Kegsy

I am in Canada and list on ebay.com also and can only put the shipping fee as $4. I have a massive disclaimer in Red, font size 20 telling them shipping is $8 and the idiots still pay the automated ebay invoice at $4.

Most of the stuff I sell is cheap at $9.99 so losing $4 on shipping is not an option.

One idiot in the Philippines expected me to ship a lot of 75 45's for $4.

I can be a real chore sometimes .

Social source share

All the time, Kegsy

I am in Canada and list on ebay.com also and can only put the shipping fee as $4. I have a massive disclaimer in Red, font size 20 telling them shipping is $8 and the idiots still pay the automated ebay invoice at $4.

Most of the stuff I sell is cheap at $9.99 so losing $4 on shipping is not an option.

One idiot in the Philippines expected me to ship a lot of 75 45's for $4.

I can be a real chore sometimes .

Ever had a case opened against you because of shipping ?

If so what happened ?.

Kegsy

Social source share

Ever had a case opened against you because of shipping ?

If so what happened ?.

Kegsy

No, I have not had a case opened - yet. I refund there payment straight away telling them they have not paid enough for shipping and most say OK and pay.

I opened a case against the Filipino bloke as he would not respond to my emails, in the end I had no option but to cancel the transaction.

Social source share

Can I  ask why you list on Ebay.com when you are in the UK because wherever you list people when searching usually press the worldwide button! and everything listed comes up!

To be honest I am not 100% sure - :) I am thinking it was a dollar conversion/rate thing at the time.

Edited by newer
Social source share

Can I  ask why you list on Ebay.com when you are in the UK because wherever you list people when searching usually press the worldwide button! and everything listed comes up!

I spend enought time looking at the USA ebay. If I had to look worldwide there would be to much to go through.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

None of the replies so far have helped with the fact that the buying clown

has opened a case against me.

In fact only Newer has made any really constructive comments, regarding Ebays shipping policies..

What happens now ?

As I said I aint posting it for $2 so he can whistle.

kegsy

Social source share

Ebay.com has several times the number of visitors, therefore more potential buyers. Also many buyers search on ebay.com not worldwide.

Social source share

In fact only Newer has made any really constructive comments, regarding Ebays shipping policies..

What happens now ?

kegsy

I've had similar problems, but fortunately the worst outcome has been having to agree a no sale. Despite having asked Ebay a number of times, I still haven't had a reply as to why this maximum auto shipping amount is the same wherever the seller is situated.

What you can do is to turn off the automatic  checkout option, so that buyers cannot pay until they have received an invoice. However, I've found this to be a lot of extra work,

Social source share

What happens now ?

kegsy

About all you can do as far as I know is:

If he sent the money,  send it back and wait it out. Nothing really happens , ebay can't take it out of your account, nor actually force you to send it. He can leave a neg I think, but you have a shot at getting it removed, depending on the kid who answers the phone/email.

Not much fun if you get to keep the neg, but you can reply and say "won't pay correct postage" and most people will understand.

I usually ignore a neg or two if it looks like that sort of thing

If he didn't send the money yet, send him an invoice and just carry on with your life until he pays or goes away. I think the same applies with the neg though.

All in all a waste of everyone's time over a few bucks , but they're out there.

I could be wrong on this as it's EBUK but that seems to be the way it works here. FWIW I think you're better off sticking to EB UK listing and hope it shows up on our listings though, then your $8 will show up.

Social source share

About all you can do as far as I know is:

If he sent the money,  send it back and wait it out. Nothing really happens , ebay can't take it out of your account, nor actually force you to send it. He can leave a neg I think, but you have a shot at getting it removed, depending on the kid who answers the phone/email.

Not much fun if you get to keep the neg, but you can reply and say "won't pay correct postage" and most people will understand.

I usually ignore a neg or two if it looks like that sort of thing

If he didn't send the money yet, send him an invoice and just carry on with your life until he pays or goes away. I think the same applies with the neg though.

I could be wrong on this as it's EBUK but that seems to be the way it works here. FWIW I think you're better off sticking to EB UK listing and hope it shows up on our listings though, then your $8 will show up.

This is exactly what I do, so far most have paid the proper amount and one I had to cancel the sale. It is however, a right pain in the arse.

Kegsy, there is not a lot he can do except leave a negative.

Edited by newer
Social source share

I had to cancel the sale. It is however, a right pain in the arse.

I wish it was that simple. They have to agree to cancel it, if they don't then it's just more BS going on and on.

Like everything else it's really simple , send me the $8 or learn the chorus of Dixie. But they're out there.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's exactly what i'm going to do.

He has refused to cancel the order.

Kegsy

Social source share

HOLY BL**DING MOLY In addition to the problem described above I now have another one.

Record graded as NM no marks/scuffs/defects labels perfect etc.. looked as good as  the day it was pressed

selling price £9.99.

I only visually grade records that are less than a tenner I don't think 

I would live long enough to play grade everything.

The buyer admits the record is visually perfect but plays with some noise/crackles which is probably

just dust/static noise.

What do these people expect from a 30 year old record.

I reckon he is just trying it on for a partial refund.

Thoughts please.

Kegsy

Social source share

HOLY BL**DING MOLY In addition to the problem described above I now have another one.

Record graded as NM no marks/scuffs/defects labels perfect etc.. looked as good as  the day it was pressed

selling price £9.99.

The buyer admits the record is visually perfect but plays with some noise/crackles which is probably

just dust/static noise.

Thoughts please.

Kegsy

Yes he will be doing just that.  That's why I've stopped selling on ebay.  Nearly every one tries it on.  Offer him a full refund, not a part one, that'll show if he's trying it on or not.  Sick of people doing this to me Kegsy that's why I've gone over to Discogs permanently, and at least with Discogs you can leave the buyer negative feedback.

Social source share

I was daft enough to sell a batch of records via E-Bay once. Never again. I've never come across such crass stupidity in my life. It made me fear for the future of the human race.

Crass stupidity or just a collection chancing b*stards.

Everyone knows that Ebay always sides with the buyer in a dispute and the sellers

get nowhere.

What they fail to realise is that without any sellers there will be no buyers.

I wont be selling on there again.

Kegsy

Social source share

selling price £9.99.

just dust/static noise.

Thoughts please.

Kegsy

That one's easy.

Write a 72 page disclaimer about visual/play grading that's in every auction.

Full returns or keep it.

Have a copy of some lengthy drivel somewhere you can just copy paste

"Return it full refund, (then you're blocked) or keep it."

Social source share

Am sure as buyers/sellers we are all in the disgruntled boat.

I sell/buy very little on Ebay due to all the hassle. Folks want something for nothing and will try hook, line and sinker to do just that.

The last time I had a customer complaining from Spain saying the item hasn't turned up, it was only in the postal system for two days, there is no way it was gonna be instant. An email nearly every day talking about refunds etc.

If I do sell on Ebay now, I include my postal costs in the price of the item, I still charge for recorded on top of that, and Ebay takes the cut from my final sale.

Is there a site where I can just give stuff away to save working through the middle man?

Oxfam are making a good profit out of the stuff I can't be bothered listing :lol:

Social source share

Am sure as buyers/sellers we are all in the disgruntled boat.

I sell/buy very little on Ebay due to all the hassle. Folks want something for nothing and will try hook, line and sinker to do just that.

The last time I had a customer complaining from Spain saying the item hasn't turned up, it was only in the postal system for two days, there is no way it was gonna be instant. An email nearly every day talking about refunds etc.

If I do sell on Ebay now, I include my postal costs in the price of the item, I still charge for recorded on top of that, and Ebay takes the cut from my final sale.

Is there a site where I can just give stuff away to save working through the middle man?

Oxfam are making a good profit out of the stuff I can't be bothered listing :lol:

Was this guy called Ruiz something or other from Barcelona?

Social source share

Have sold a few things to Spain since, the name Ruiz sounds familiar though. 

Maybe "The Count" has the right idea lol

Same thing happened to my missus a while back, two days after posting he was going on about it hadn't arrived and can he have the tracking number, straight away he put in a claim for an item not received! It was so obvious that he was pulling a fast one that I asked around on several forums about him and straight away I got folks coming back with bad news,  funny enough he was on most of these forums and noticed what was going on, within a day he was asking me to stop putting his name about and that the record had now arrived. I also noticed that his Paypal payment had been flagged up with a risk alert message, something I'd never seen before so Paypal/ebay were obviously aware that he was putting in a lot of claims!  I think I still have his details if anyone wants them  :wicked:

Social source share

I think I still have his details if anyone wants them  :wicked:

Name & shame, can't hurt.

I knew I should never have got involved in this thread. Bad Karma?

New to me wrinkle.

When the buyer puts in his address he can write a book if he wants.

When you go to print out the shipping label it only allows 42 characters /line.

After 2 chats with 2 12 year old college jobsworths, giving 2 different answers.

You can't edit it, he can't edit it, they can't edit it.

It's not their fault, the tooth fairy says the buyer can put in what he wants , we say you can't.

We're sorry sir, you'll have to do it all manually and schlep down the PO and pay regular rates , we don't recognise any tracking blahdyblahdyblah

So if it happens to you, save your breath and bend over just a little further.

Social source share

It's not their fault, the tooth fairy says the buyer can put in what he wants , we say you can't.

We're sorry sir, you'll have to do it all manually and schlep down the PO and pay regular rates , we don't recognise any tracking blahdyblahdyblah

:hatsoff2: HI ALL... SURLEY SOMEONE HAS TO ENTER THE INFO MANUALLY? SO WHY CAN'T IT BE EDITED AT THAT PIONT?

:rofl: DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL... SURLEY SOMEONE HAS TO ENTER THE INFO MANUALLY? SO WHY CAN'T IT BE EDITED AT THAT PIONT?

:rofl: DAVE K

You would think so wouldn't you.

I can edit it but it won't save it , nor print out the label.

According to 1 of the 2 Ebaydjits I talked to they can't edit it as he wrote it, but they will contact him. They didn't as far as I know.

Also as he has put it in , once he has paid he cannot edit it, also according to Ebay.

It was a Chinese  LP, going to Hong Kong  so no reply from him, I guess he only speaks English enough to not read the details.

So I don't really know if he can edit it or not.

So far according to tracking it made it to Queens

So now you know all I do.

:g:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!