Out On Monday

Guest Paul

post-3850-1150054801.jpgLou Beatty's Detroit Soul (Grapevine GVCD 3029) is finally released on Monday June 12th.

The album contains 30 tracks including all the classics and rarities plus five previously unissued tracks found in the vaults.

Advance copies were on sale at the Cleethorpes weekender. Further details are available at www.grapevine-soul.com

Paul Mooney

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-3850-1150054801.jpgLou Beatty's Detroit Soul (Grapevine GVCD 3029) is finally released on Monday June 12th.

The album contains 30 tracks including all the classics and rarities plus five previously unissued tracks found in the vaults.

Advance copies were on sale at the Cleethorpes weekender. Further details are available at www.grapevine-soul.com

Paul Mooney

Hi Paul,

Just a quick question.....are ALL the tracks on the CD from tapes/remastered or are some of them from 45s and then cleaned up? Also, are there any liner notes and if so who wrote them? Just wanna be sure as I don't currently own a single CD but am tempted by this. Was Marilyn Bond involved in this project?

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Hi Paul,

Just a quick question.....are ALL the tracks on the CD from tapes/remastered or are some of them from 45s and then cleaned up? Also, are there any liner notes and if so who wrote them? Just wanna be sure as I don't currently own a single CD but am tempted by this. Was Marilyn Bond involved in this project?

Regards,

Dave

Hello Dave,

Some tracks were from master tapes and others were dubbed from 45s. The detailed liner notes (approx 5,000 words) were written by Dave Welding and myself. The 12-page booklet also has some rare photos.

Marilyn Bond was involved but it was Lou Beatty Jr. who signed the licensing deal with Grapevine - and the publishing deal with Three Saints Music / Millbrand Music.

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Social source share

Hello Dave,

Some tracks were from master tapes and others were dubbed from 45s. The detailed liner notes (approx 5,000 words) were written by Dave Welding and myself. The 12-page booklet also has some rare photos.

Marilyn Bond was involved but it was Lou Beatty Jr. who signed the licensing deal with Grapevine - and the publishing deal with Three Saints Music / Millbrand Music.

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Yep,

Sold me on all that Mate. Congratulations, you have just achieved what most of my friends and family thought was impossible! You have (their words, not mine), dragged me into the 21st Century (albeit kicking and screaming!) I shall be ordering my first ever CD shortly. :huh: I hope it will be first and last, but you never know........... thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Is "Try Them" coming out on a 45? I sure hope so.

Heikki

post-3850-1150129793.jpg

Hello,

Yes, "Try Them" is scheduled for a limited edition 7" release on Grapevine G2K 45-162 in the near future - probably in July or August. The flip side will have an instrumental version which isn't on the album.

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Social source share

Got one over the weekend, Dave asked me to write a review of the cd so expect one in the near future thumbsup.gif hopefully end of the week :shades: Suffice to say it's one of the best cd's I've listened to in a long time :shades:

Thanks Chalky,

It's very good value for money as it has thirty tracks (including five previously unissued) plus extensive liner notes and some rare photos.

And as it's also the first legal issue for most of these tracks, writers such as Fred Bridges and Melvin Davis will actually benefit financially.

I'll post a full track listing later.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

GVCD 3029

01. Edward Hamilton - I'm Gonna Love You

02. The Masqueraders - How

03. Lou Beatty - A Wet Pillow *

04. Edward Hamilton - My Darling Baby

05. Don Hart & James Shorter - All The Love I Got

06. Nelson Sanders - This Love Is Here To Stay

07. The Masqueraders - I Got The Power

08. Don Hart - I'll Keep Holding On