Sam Cooke. Does He Do It For You?

Drew3

I suspect that like most of my age (apart from you collectors who were always one step in front at 14 yrs of age in 1974) you like me bought a Sam Cooke record as one of your first buys.

I had some orange lable (RCA?) which had Chain Gang and You Send Me on it.

Absolutely conjures up my Youth Club days!

Just been posting on here and playing random tunes from The Soul Club Jukebox (my salvation). Up comes Sugar Dumpling and whilst I can think of many of our male soul heros that make me just shake my head in wonder and admoration (you've gussed it I've had a drink.........it's a World Cup thing) I can't think of any other male voice that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time, whatever he's singing !

Am I being being 'over the top' in saying he is the greatest?

None of this dismisses anyone else: Jackie, Otis, Darrrel etc.etc (first name terms have you noticed)!

KTF.

Drew.

P.S.

The Islamic Peoples Republic of Iran were robbed today by biased FIFA officials you are in the pocket of the USA!!!

I have them in my local pub sweep!!!! :huh:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

never really did it for me when i was younger, but as you get older i reckon you gey more soulfull and less northern, check out

touch the hem of his garment

somebody have mercy

i,l try and do the sound file things, but all my stuff is packed away for a house move, so it may be some time :wicked:

Social source share

never really did it for me when i was younger, but as you get older i reckon you gey more soulfull and less northern, check out

somebody have mercy

i,l try and do the sound file things, but all my stuff is packed away for a house move, so it may be some time :wicked:

That would be great as I don't think I know either track. :P

Good luck with the move.

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Has to be the best quote ever on here, 'as we get older we get more soulful and less northern', never a truer statement.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

somebody have mercy

i,l try and do the sound file things, but all my stuff is packed away for a house move, so it may be some time :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Sam Cooke was the most important soul singer in history.

Equally important, he was among the first modern black performers and composers to attend to the business side of the music business

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!