Find One On Friday : Northern & Modern Soul 45S

Beatin Rhythm

Hi Soul Diggers, 

the vinyl excavating goes on in earnest, if you find something of interest here then please send us a reply or phone 0161 834 7783 (10.00 am - 5.15 pm) to order or reserve an item.

1. The Hurt - B.B. KING (ABC-Paramount).................VG++..........................brilliant R&B mid-pacer that was also covered by Freddie North on Okeh; this brilliant B.B. oddity has never appeared on CD....................£25

2. The Hurt's Still Here - THE GIRLS (Memphis)............Mint-..................£40

3. Get Out (And Let Me Cry) - HAROLD MELVIN & THE BLUE NOTES (Route)..............UK re-issue, 1975...........VG++........................£10

4. I Don't Mind - CAROLYN COOKE (RCA demo)...............VG++..................£60

5. A Sad Goodbye / You Got The Power - THE FOUR EXCEPTIONS (Parkway demo)........two very good Northern Soul sides with a similar style to The Tymes both featuring big, strong backings...................£90

6. One Wonderful Moment - THE SHAKERS (ABC demo)..................Mint-.....................£55

7. Independent Woman - JAN JONES (Day-Wood)....................Mint-.........................£250

8. With Another Guy - THE DEL COUNTS (Soma)....................VG++...................£100

9. Soul Man Blues - LES WATSON (Pompeii)..............VG++..............well-cool mid-tempo Northern dancer...........£40

10. That's The Way Love Goes - ROBIE PORTER (MGM)............rich-toned white soul vocalist similar to Charlie Rich's Northern sides for Smash......................Mint-......................£25

11. A Losing Game - JAMES CARR (UK Stateside, 1967)...............Mint-.....................£50

12. Minneap'lis, Minnesota - RUFUS LUMLEY  (Afford)............Mint-........Northern/R&B stormer, very impressive.....................£150

13. In Your Heart - THE DONTELLS (Vee-Jay)........VG++......................£40

14. Ridin' High - MARGIE JOSEPH (Atlantic)............VG++.....................£15

15. You Can't Run Away - LENNY WELCH (Mercury)................VG++...................£25

16. Just Walk In My Shoes - GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS (UK, Tamla Motown).........Mint-..............£12

17. I've Got You On My Mind Again - BILLY JOE YOUNG (Paula demo)..............Mint-.................£30

18. That's How Heartaches Are Made - BOBBY HUTTON (Blue Rock)............VG++...............lovely Crossover Soul version of this mid-tempo dancer.................................£20

20. Just Be For Real - JOHNNY MOORE (Brunswick demo)...................Mint-......................£60

21. Baby Hit And Run / Can You Jerk Like Me - THE CONTOURS (UK Tamla Motown)......Mint-............£20

Many thanks for looking through the list, hope your weekend's a great one,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now