StevieC

Intro - Hello

Hi There

I thought id introduce myself as im a long time lurker but haven’t really contributed much due to log in issues. Id like to get involved with buying some vinyl now so thought that id join up   again.

Im 41 and have listened to Soul since i was about 13 or so. i got lost into the acid house and house scene during late 80’s and 90’S and have only just started going out to nights with a mate from work who happened to be into Northern Soul.  I find the debates in the forums around the music fascinating as i never attended many clubs over the years, and was too young for any of the “classic” clubs so have no idea about which track got played where and when first and don’t really know the difference between “oldies” and “newies”, its all just soul to me.

Ive found the recent debates around Sean Chapmans sets fascinating as having heard him at Kings Hall,  i would say he is a  DJ  i would travel to hear, i love his sets. Ive never attended the famous 100 Club allnighters, but having read the sleeve notes on countless kent compliations since my early teens its on my bucket list to do!

Ive just started djing at a local club night, Halesowen Soul Club occasionally and its something id like to get into doing more as soul has always been my passion. Ive dj’d at local bars in Moseley in Birmingham for a number of years (i also play funk and anything “funky”, really at the the right venue) but to play soul to a soul crowd has always been my DJ aspiration. Ill keep my fingers crossed, keep buying the vinyl and see where it ends up i suppose, it seems a hard  circuit to break into, certainly here in the black country!

I look forward to contributing

Steve

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Trying not to spend too much on the vinyl, I'm just starting with some old favourites which are quite cheap before i start on any big money I think!!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 191 reads
    • nobby1
    • 01 Apr 2018
    • 4 posts
    • 276 reads
    • Venus
    • 31 Mar 2018
    • 331 posts
    • 24340 reads
    • RICK SCOTT
    • 22 Feb 2018
    • 63 posts
    • 4909 reads
    • doog
    • 03 Feb 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 176 reads
    • shufflin
    • 24 Dec 2017
    • 23 posts
    • 1837 reads
    • tomangoes
    • 28 Sep 2017
    • 3 posts
    • 625 reads
    • RICK SCOTT
    • 18 Jul 2017

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.