Uk Ebay Listing Fees Have Trebled! Now 30P Per Listing

vince ayres

This may be because i'm a busines seller or whatever but for the life of me i can't understand why they have increased listing an album or 45 to an unbelieveable .30p! This may not sound like a lot but on good weeks i have been known to list over 100 45s which is £30 in listing fees alone, not forgetting that i will then be charged for end of listing fees aswell!  I have been spending most of the day trying to get through to ebay but have given up as the wait is too long (they must have been overwhelmed with irate sellers). Yes you can still list for .10p but the start price has to be under £1.00. Are there any other ebay sellers having this problem? It reminds me of the time when ebay dictated that you would have to send your records for free in the UK, there was such a backlash that they had to reverse the policy. The most astounding thing is that you can list for free on ebay.com! I think ebay have lost the plot this time, let's face it, if all the sellers leave ebay (and i'm going to be one of them) it therefore follows that there will be no buyers. Any thoughts?

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

This may be because i'm a busines seller or whatever but for the life of me i can't understand why they have increased listing an album or 45 to an unbelieveable .30p! This may not sound like a lot but on good weeks i have been known to list over 100 45s which is £30 in listing fees alone, not forgetting that i will then be charged for end of listing fees aswell!  I have been spending most of the day trying to get through to ebay but have given up as the wait is too long (they must have been overwhelmed with irate sellers). Yes you can still list for .10p but the start price has to be under £1.00. Are there any other ebay sellers having this problem? It reminds me of the time when ebay dictated that you would have to send your records for free in the UK, there was such a backlash that they had to reverse the policy. The most astounding thing is that you can list for free on ebay.com! I think ebay have lost the plot this time, let's face it, if all the sellers leave ebay (and i'm going to be one of them) it therefore follows that there will be no buyers. Any thoughts?

Cheers Pete, maybe i'll give it a go but is it auction or fixed price?

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

It's all fixed price Vince.  But you can mark stuff for offers so there's some margin for discount etc.

Hi Pete how do you get paid ? by paypal ? regards Simon.

Social source share

Hi Pete how do you get paid ? by paypal ? regards Simon.

Discogs has the facility to send invoices including shipping prices - then buyers pay via Pay pal - no hidden fee charges on postage either - just 8 % selling fee - list duration as long as you want and free.....unfortunately does not quite have the traffic footfall of Ebay - but still useful .  

Social source share

With the amount of your listings Vince , and registered as a business seller you would be better off opening a shop £19.99 pcm - 10 p per listing on buy it now , 15 p per listing on auction items . List 200 buy it now's for free per month......Just a thought.....

Social source share

With the amount of your listings Vince , and registered as a business seller you would be better off opening a shop £19.99 pcm - 10 p per listing on buy it now , 15 p per listing on auction items . List 200 buy it now's for free per month......Just a thought.....

Cheers Glynn, that's good advice and exactly what the ebay rep advised me last night when i eventually got through. For what it's worth my conversation with him was the first he knew of the increase!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!