The Major Iv

Guest Soul Sorceress

Guest Soul Sorceress

Hiya!

Can anyone give me any info on the fabulous Major IV i.e. who their lead singer was???

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hiya!

Can anyone give me any info on the fabulous Major IV i.e. who their lead singer was???

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :lol:

They had about 3 releases on ex Motowner Mickey Stevenson's Venture label in 1968 including the brilliant version of "I Dont Beleive In Losing" ...... all the info I kno on 'em, Would love to kno more bout 'em mesell, Are they also The Majors ov "Lost In The City" fame?

steve

Social source share

They had about 3 releases on ex Motowner Mickey Stevenson's Venture label in 1968 including the brilliant version of "I Dont Beleive In Losing" ...... all the info I kno on 'em, Would love to kno more bout 'em mesell, Are they also The Majors ov "Lost In The City" fame?

steve

Later recorded as Fuzzy & Majors on the People label, also owned by Mickey Stevenson along with Kim Weston I think. They are the Majors as well.

There's a fair bit about Venture and People on the RSF, i'll see what else I can find.

Social source share

Guest MOLLY

steve

Their best for me is "Down in the Ghetto" on Venture records,superb crossover track co-written by Mickey Stevenson and Bob Relf.

Molly

Social source share

Hiya!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :lol:

Hi a few bits to add :D NOt from the Majors but who potentially are.

There seems to be 4 groups who held the involvement related to them.

So here is my little contribution :shades: Maurice Chesnut was the lead singer of the VOWS who could have been the lead for the Vowells.......on V.I.P. The Vows put out "lost in a city"

on Big 3 400 which later got a release on Big three 403 in 1963 with a different flip.

There is the female lead of another group that recorded on Tamara and Markay..not sure if they are the same group tho'.My memory is getting shot now any Qs from this please post or PM.ATB Steve

Social source share

Hi a few bits to add :lol: NOt from the Majors but who potentially are.

There seems to be 4 groups who held the involvement related to them.

So here is my little contribution :lol: Maurice Chesnut was the lead singer of the VOWS who could have been the lead for the Vowells.......on V.I.P. The Vows put out "lost in a city"

on Big 3 400 which later got a release on Big three 403 in 1963 with a different flip.

There is the female lead of another group that recorded on Tamara and Markay..not sure if they are the same group tho'.My memory is getting shot now any Qs from this please post or PM.ATB Steve

The Majors/Major IV on Venture were not the same group as the majors on Big Three who were also the Vows on Big 3,

The Vows on Big 3 were not the same Vows who recorded on VIP with

M Chesnut on lead,

if that makes any sense :D:shades:

Dave f................

Social source share

quote name='MOLLY' date='Jun 13 2006, 04:55 PM' post='303405']

Their best for me is "Down in the Ghetto" on Venture records,superb crossover track co-written by Mickey Stevenson and Bob Relf.

Molly

BEST FOR ME IS

'THIS LITTLE GIRL OF MINE'

MAJOR_IV___THIS_LITTLE_GIRL_OF_MINE.mp3

ENJOY

MARK W

All great records but TLGOM is just so ahead of the rest, always thought that was potential monster (not rare enough??) reminds me a bit of Charletta - Lies in structure and great uplifting chorus, can you tell I like it :shades::sleep3:

Think said it before but this record made me realise I hated DJ'ing as played this to empty floor. Promptly said i wouldn't dj again (to loud cheers) and havent!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Molly

BEST FOR ME IS

ENJOY

MARK W

Cracking tune Mark, I hadn't heard that one. I do agree with Molly though in that my favourite is Down in the Ghetto. Always reminds me of Jimmy Conwell and the Exits sound and production for some reason.

Jordi

Social source share

Molly

BEST FOR ME IS

ENJOY

MARK W

Nice one Mark! hadn't heard This Little Girl before, great tune! but think I still prefer "I Dont Believe In Losing" mesel.

thanx for postin' file

steve

Social source share

Molly

BEST FOR ME IS

ENJOY

MARK W

Hi Mark (& Molly)

'This little girl of mine' is my fave too!

It's in the 'potentially monsterous - time for more spins' playbox whistling.gif

Love 'Down in the ghetto' too!

In fact i love those 'olive' Venture label 45's........Vernon Garrett & Neal Kimble been dug out again recently too!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert