Soul Or Nothing First Anniversary

Just over a week to the first anniversary.Its been an up and down year with venue change and finding a new place..Really looking forward to a few beers and some rare soul from a really nice mix of djs who will play a little something for most of you..Not sure what the future holds for a lot of smaller nights like ours,some very good rare soul nights have come and gone of late..Like my Mum says.."get it while you can"..We have some new faces coming from all over the uk and lets hope they get what we have got for the last year..

More seating for the older crowd whistling.gif ..Extra speakers and decor plus a few other bits too..

...The Anniversary cd will be for the first 100 people only but i will have a few spare for regulars/freinds :thumbsup: Details below...I will post up other hotels/BnB soon....Drop me a line if you are gonna come down and we can leave names on the door to make sure you get in.....

Soul Or Nothing..

1st Anniversary...All night affair

Sat.....8th July...

7pm to 5am..£8 on the door..

Free 28 track rare soul cd from all the residents..

Aqua Bar...............Manchester

2 rooms from 1.30 am..

opp g-mex behind the Hacienda,100 yards from Deansgate Station.200 yards from the Ritz..

Djs...

Baz Atkinson..........South Durham soul club..

Ady Lupton............London

Gareth Sweeny.....London

Craig Butler...........West Yorkshire

Paul Sadot.............resident

Jumpin Joan..........resident

Karl Rhodes...........resident

Adam Leaver..........resident

Gaz Simon.............South Durham soul club

John May...............Duck Land :huh:

rare 60s/70s northern soul,crossover,big beat ballads,RnB and a little bit more

details..www.cooloff.net...............mob..07752084878

email...stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

Free parking outside on side street and in small car park..Plus all night multi story opposite and NCP round the corner on Whitworth Street...City center and walking distance to many hotels.

Edited by little-stevie
  • Replies 139
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Jamie

I haven't been out much lately, but I can safely say I will be at this event.

Not even a herd of wild mustangs tethered to my limbs, running in quite the opposite direction would keep me from attending.

Early Saturday aft' K.O. yes.gif

Brett, are we up for this?

Edited by Jamie

A few weeks to go for the first anniversary...We have a great line up with djs from the north east,London,midlands,Yorkshire and the residents..Limited numbers and its gonna be a full house...The Anniversary cd will be for the first 100 people only but i will have a few spare for regulars/freinds :D Details below...I will post up other hotels/BnB soon....Drop me a line if you are gonna come down and we can leave names on the door to make sure you get in.....

Soul Or Nothing..

1st Anniversary...All night affair

Sat.....8th July...

7pm to 5am..£8 on the door..

Free 28 track rare soul cd from all the residents..

Aqua Bar...............Manchester

2 rooms from 1.30 am..

opp g-mex behind the Hacienda,100 yards from Deansgate Station.200 yards from the Ritz..

Djs...

Baz Atkinson..........South Durham soul club..

Ady Lupton............London

Gareth Sweeny.....London

Craig Butler...........West Yorkshire

Paul Sadot.............resident

Jumpin Joan..........resident

Karl Rhodes...........resident

Adam Leaver..........resident

Gaz Simon.............South Durham soul club

John May...............Duck Land :shades:

rare 60s/70s northern soul,crossover,big beat ballads,RnB and a little bit more

details..www.cooloff.net...............mob..07752084878

email...stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

Free parking outside on side street and in small car park..Plus all night multi story opposite and NCP round the corner on Whitworth Street...City center and walking distance to many hotels.

HI steve,book me in for this one,and this time i will stay :lol:

Hi Baz

Will be good to see you all,lets hope you have a care worker for you know who...Pm me when you have approx numbers,i will stick them on a list...That photo is no more Joan whistling.gif ...Think i have found another one :yes: .. :wicked: ..Any others reading this then pm if you are coming down,the list is growing..

Hi Baz

Will be good to see you all,lets hope you have a care worker for you know who...Pm me when you have approx numbers,i will stick them on a list...That photo is no more Joan whistling.gif ...Think i have found another one :yes: .. :wicked: ..Any others reading this then pm if you are coming down,the list is growing..

WILL DO MATE.

THE NORTH EAST ARE COMING JOAN [CAN YOU PLEASE BRING A NICE PARKA FOR A CERTAIN MR OFFICER TO WEAR]/

HOPE YOUR WELL

BIG BAZ A.

Be great to see you's all again Baz ... will be a top nite indeed!!!

Tony L

Edited by on one

Be great to see you's all again Baz ... will be a top nite indeed!!!

Tony L

ON ONE !! WHAT'S THAT ?

THE NORTH EAST ARE COMING JOAN [CAN YOU PLEASE BRING A NICE PARKA FOR A CERTAIN MR OFFICER TO WEAR]/

HOPE YOUR WELL

BIG BAZ A.

Big who ?

Can't wait to hear what John May plays (a.k.a. The president of the Hitman fan club) I do hope he gets a Van McCoy & Friends LP for then as I could be tempted with a jig if he played one of the 5 or 6 outstanding tracks on the LP. Then again I think the Ad Libs will go down well also.

Looking forward to a great night as I can see the potential with the people that attend want the same thing SOUL.

I also think that with John and myself being on that there is life down in the East Midlands for Northern as I was starting to wonder.

This night can't come soon enough for me and I will make sure I'm up there in Manc land nice and early this time (hope to bring a few up too).

Mark

Looking forward to a great night as I can see the potential with the people that attend want the same thing SOUL.

I also think that with John and myself being on that there is life down in the East Midlands for Northern as I was starting to wonder.

Mark

You can wonder as much as you like fella. :D

Just because some of us would sooner travel out of the E midlands than listen to pressings of big records don't mean we can't appreciate rare soul.

One of the very best ns events is held in the E mids... but Lifeline is not in Leicestershire!

You can wonder as much as you like fella. :D

Just because some of us would sooner travel out of the E midlands than listen to pressings of big records don't mean we can't appreciate rare soul.

One of the very best ns events is held in the E mids... but Lifeline is not in Leicestershire!

Lifeline is only JUST outside Leicestershire and there is the Starlite, but the people just aint going. Lifeline is a great venue and mainly cause of one man Andy Dyson. Andy is someone I am glad to call a good friend and his hard work has been a revilation to the East Mid's scene. Just wish both events mentioned were on every week as I'd be there come what may. Still Soul Or Nothing is well worth the trip to Lancs and the people there have a heart of gold.

Mark

Lifeline is only JUST outside Leicestershire and there is the Starlite, but the people just aint going. Lifeline is a great venue and mainly cause of one man Andy Dyson. Andy is someone I am glad to call a good friend and his hard work has been a revilation to the East Mid's scene. Just wish both events mentioned were on every week as I'd be there come what may. Still Soul Or Nothing is well worth the trip to Lancs and the people there have a heart of gold.

Mark

Yes, thank you very much, but I know what SON is like... been there a few times, right from the start... and I just about get Lifeline as well. As for the Starlight, and why nobody goes... firstly, see my last post. And you aint really helping by asking folks about their excuses for not attending. :D

Any way... Steve - I hope you have a great night mate and best of luck with your anniversary, not that you'll need it! :D

Edited by Dave

So glad we'll be seeing the big guys from the North East ....as well as Mark and Dave... and i hope lots more of you lovely soul sourcers.

If you've not been to Soul or Nothing before ..... honestly do yourself a favour and come.

THIS IS GOING TO BE AN INCREDIBLE NITE FOR SOUL MUSIC .... I CAN'T WAIT!! :D

It's such an honour to be part of something as true to soul music as Soul or Nothing is....and staying 'true to your heart' when it comes to soul .... well ... is just an incredible feeling...

Can't wait to hear what John May plays (a.k.a. The president of the Hitman fan club) I do hope he gets a Van McCoy & Friends LP for then as I could be tempted with a jig if he played one of the 5 or 6 outstanding tracks on the LP. Then again I think the Ad Libs will go down well also.

This night can't come soon enough for me and I will make sure I'm up there in Manc land nice and early this time (hope to bring a few up too).

Mark

Thanks for officially nominating me president of The Hitman fan club Mark, I'm most honoured....... :D .

Hope to see you up there mate, I'm also on at the Big Lock, Middlewich the night before (july 7th).

John

Edited by John May

ONE ONE [OUR MIDDLE NAME]

BIG WHO?[FORGOT ALREADY]

SEE YOU SOON MATE .

BAZ A.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, BUT ...Always TOP night when the North East lads come down!!! :D Hope kev's up for this one aswell........... 'Mayhem' is his WWF name and the 'double ankle lock' is his speciality! Be afraid....be very afraid! Ha! :D PAUL-S

Looking forward to seeing everyone, BUT ...Always TOP night when the North East lads come down!!! :lol: Hope kev's up for this one aswell........... 'Mayhem' is his WWF name and the 'double ankle lock' is his speciality! Be afraid....be very afraid! Ha! :D PAUL-S

Divent worry , wa not ganna miss this neet bonny lad :ohmy:

Once upon a time in Manchester ...... :lol:

Kev J

Edited by ZTSC
Guest THE BRIGADIER

post-3349-1150787751.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone, BUT ...Always TOP night when the North East lads come down!!! :thumbsup: Hope kev's up for this one aswell........... 'Mayhem' is his WWF name and the 'double ankle lock' is his speciality! Be afraid....be very afraid! Ha! :D PAUL-S
Mick Mack Manners has got noot on Kev, watch out for the 1/2 nelson too Paul, his floor work is uncanny man!!

Should be along with the Mad Lads for this one rolleyes.gif . Looking forward to seeing the S>O>N crowd, always good banter and i promise not to call you fat git again mate!! mind you i dont know why i said that cos i've seen more meat on Good Friday :lol::D

Very sorry to say Steve, that although I/we had a ball at the last one I/we will not be able to make it this time. :lol:

I'll be able to swing a pass-out if Baz's bus wants to stop in Huddersfield en-route, to pick up a damsel in distress :shhh:

Hope you get enough in to cover costs - and that its a memorable night :thumbsup:

See you and Lydia soon

xxx

Very sorry to say Steve, that although I/we had a ball at the last one I/we will not be able to make it this time. :yes:

I'll be able to swing a pass-out if Baz's bus wants to stop in Huddersfield en-route, to pick up a damsel in distress :thumbsup:

Hope you get enough in to cover costs - and that its a memorable night :lol:

See you and Lydia soon

xxx

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS LET ME KNOW WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING [COULD BE A SPARE PLACE GOING DOWN IN PARTICULAR] I KNOW SHEP IS GETTING TRAIN THEN COMING BACK WITH US SO YOU NEVER KNOW LUV.

BAZ A.

Had some requests for some more hotel info..I know some from down south are in this place just 5 min walk from the venue..

The Castlefield Hotel star_small.gifstar_small.gifstar_small.gifnewreviewbar_4_0.gif216 reviews

From £35 AAB121426.jpg Liverpool Rd, City Centre, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M3 4JR

Located less than 1km from the centre of City Centre btn_booknow_en.gif Centrally located modern 3 star hotel, G-mex centre. Close to the historic canal basi... View The Castlefield Hotel details

Will post some more details later for any who wanna stop over and make a weekend of it..Drop me a line if you are coming along and i will keep names on the door to make sure you get in...Not long to go now for our little bash...Hope to see some new faces and the old ones too wink.gif ...

We have just had a full wooden dancefloor fitted now at the venue...That will make it that little bit better..After 1.30/2am we also have the main room and the good size wood floor too..Plus extra sound system...Remember to drop me a line with names if you are coming along next week...I will leave names on the door and make sure you all get in...Any new faces off soul source who are coming????????????????? always good to meet new folk :thumbsup: ...

We have just had a full wooden dancefloor fitted now at the venue...That will make it that little bit better..After 1.30/2am we also have the main room and the good size wood floor too..Plus extra sound system...Remember to drop me a line with names if you are coming along next week...I will leave names on the door and make sure you all get in...Any new faces off soul source who are coming????????????????? always good to meet new folk :huh: ...

Whey hey .... that's fantastic Steve .... honestly if you haven't been to Soul or Nothing before... give it a go.... it's just brill :huh:

Great people.... awesome music .... fantastic wooden dancefloor :P ...... what more could you want .. :P

Really looking forward to my first trip up to Soul of Nothing from the sunny south coast. I've heard the atmosphere is brilliant. Can't wait to experience it.

all the best

Manus

I know you'll have a great time Manus .... be sure to come up and say hello. :huh:

You'll know who Kev J is straight away... he'll be the one grabbed on to some poor person's ankles....don't worry.... all will become clear on the night :huh:

I know you'll have a great time Manus .... be sure to come up and say hello. :huh:

You'll know who Kev J is straight away... he'll be the one grabbed on to some poor person's ankles....don't worry.... all will become clear on the night :huh:

Manus Docherty ? (F***K Me) !

We have'nt seen you for about 18 years. Unfortunately Duncan is in Australia and Japan at the moment otherwise we would have brought him down (or not !!!).

How's Brenden these days , and where is he ?

Looking forward to a beer and a bit of catching up next weekend :P

Kev J

Alright Kev - Yeah it's a long time since I've been back up to the North East I'm really going to make a big effort to get up there before the years out.

Brendan's living in London and still as daft as ever.

Really looking forward to getting together with some old faces and having a few beers

All the best

Manus

Guest mark shepherd

really looking forward to this, me being a soul or nothin virgin. :thumbsup:

even though i might enter with the north east riff raff, i tend to try to distance myself from then.so as not to be guilty by association, :thumbsup: and to protect the good name i have worked hard to build

especially the ones they call kev and ted :D

dont dare think you've got my seat on the way back kirsty !!!!!

shep

dont dare think you've got my seat on the way back kirsty !!!!!

shep

I could always sit on your lap :D

I was being brave when I suggexsed that I might make it, but as I'm out the night before I know I'll be in no fit state to come to this too :thumbsup:

I've become a right shandy pants in me old age :lol:

Have fun :thumbsup:

I could always sit on your lap :D

I was being brave when I suggexsed that I might make it, but as I'm out the night before I know I'll be in no fit state to come to this too :D

I've become a right shandy pants in me old age :D

Have fun :D

SURELY YOU CAN MANAGE TWO NIGHTS OUT KIRSTY ...DRINK COKE :yes:

Hi Kirsty

If you can't make it then i will drop you an Anniversary cd in the post...Lets call it the birthday present from the other week..Pm me with your address...

steve

thank you Darling, will Pm you this instant xxx