Most Travelled Record

jimmyw

Just been listening to Gene Chandler "I Can Take Care Of Myself on Constellation" and started to think how far the record has travelled, must have originally crossed the Atlantic, I bought the record at Warrington Parr Hall back in the 80's and took it home to Halifax. Since then it has moved with me to Edinburgh, Glasgow, and now to Gowdall near Goole.

About 10 years back we went to New York and booked to see Gene Chandler amongst others at the Apollo, so packed the record in my little suitcase took it for a trip back across the Atlantic to get autographed and then brought it back home. and I just wondered if anyone has got a record that has travelled further .

Looking forward to the replies. Cheers Jimmy

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've bought many a record in the U.S. and some 40 years later, have ended up sending it back to the same city in the U.S. I bought it from. A 40 year boomerang effect. I sold a TK release to Henry Stone in Florida the other week which I seem to remember buying from the same area he now lives in. Strange old world.

Ian D :)

Social source share

I've bought many a record in the U.S. and some 40 years later, have ended up sending it back to the same city in the U.S. I bought it from. A 40 year boomerang effect. I sold a TK release to Henry Stone in Florida the other week which I seem to remember buying from the same area he now lives in. Strange old world.

Ian D :)

Social source share

I have records that have travelled to Germany and back around twenty times, France and back once, Italy and back twice, Holland and back once, Dublin and Belfast and back twice each, and Boston, New York, and Phoenix and back.

So I estimate (and this is a very, very rough guess) some of those singles have travelled over 30,000 miles whilst in my possession, and you have to add on the original trip from the States, plus wherever previous owners took them !

Social source share

So I estimate (and this is a very, very rough guess) some of those singles have travelled over 30,000 miles

Think I'm a contender...x14 times to and from the UK and Japan clocks in at 140,000+ miles... then add all the Euro trips I used to do to Germany, Italy, Spain, France and Sweden (+ all over the UK and Japan), and I'm sure that some of my discs have clocked 150,000 miles...gotta love those air-miles!

:)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Think I'm a contender...x14 times to and from the UK and Japan clocks in at 140,000+ miles... then add all the Euro trips I used to do to Germany, Italy, Spain, France and Sweden (+ all over the UK and Japan), and I'm sure that some of my discs have clocked 150,000 miles...gotta love those air-miles!

:)

Next time you are over the pacific Dave. Could you throw that Peanut Duck track down the crapper :lol:

Social source share

I think the lads from Perth, Australia will have a few that have been miles and miles when travelling to the UK, Spain and Hong Kong for various DJ bookings :yes:

Few Warrington lads out there too Julian.

Know for a fact they hoover up the vinyl when they are home and take it back as a few Dj.

Off subject, a mate of mine if off over To Aus for that big weekend in November (i think), long way to travel just for that, mind you, think he is taking time out in Thailand on route :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert