Parliaments "rainy Day" On Ebay

boba

i think this is the first copy sold on ebay since it was uncovered (since it was on ebay before butch was playing), one person had tried to sell it but it didn't meet his reserve.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/231065545378?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

the record must be truly rare given that none have gone through in years and people have known its value. i didn't want to post a link the auction when it was live (I hate that) and ruin it for someone. just pointing this out.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

An off center copy went about 2 year ago. Every man and his dog knew this was up for auction Bob and yeah still pretty rare only about 7/8 copies I would think now

Social source share

the only other one i know about was the one that someone tried to auction just after it was uncovered, it didn't meet their reserve, then they had manship auction it.

either way, if there were more, 2 or 4 on ebay, it's pretty rare since it's been uncovered for a while and has rarely appeared on ebay. given how few soul records are from west virginia, i imagine dealers there are aware of the record.

Social source share

definitely not after the record was uncovered. i was the second bidder on the one butch won originally.

I am pretty sure I was second highest on that one. It had no soundfile but as I had their other 45 on Cabell already back then and I thought I give it a try. was amazed to find it on lew stanleys list a year or two later and to find out it was the one butch played as c/up. Think Mick H won that (around 2500 usd) but could be wrong. when deejaying in stockholm with ginger taylor around 2006/7 he had two copies with him as he had just won the one that was on manships..

Social source share

the only other one i know about was the one that someone tried to auction just after it was uncovered, it didn't meet their reserve, then they had manship auction it.

either way, if there were more, 2 or 4 on ebay, it's pretty rare since it's been uncovered for a while and has rarely appeared on ebay. given how few soul records are from west virginia, i imagine dealers there are aware of the record.

I think most copies surfaced via other sources. Pretty rare but more than four copies. At least two had two copies apiece, maybe 3?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!