Syreeta - What Love Has Joined Together

Mal C

Seem to remember she also had stuff out as Rita Wright Cant Back The Love I Feel For You, there was also a Rita Wright on UK Jet and  Toast ?

I reckon she was from the USA as she was once married to Stevie Wonder.

Maybe she was also over here for some time via a Rolling Stones connection as I

think she once toured with them.

kegsy

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

she's got a really nice voice, I like that, good track... I'm a boring armchair listener so this ticks all the boxes, ie its very soulful!!! laughs actually just looked, it says produced by Stevie wonder on the UK release...

m

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

What think is strange about this UK release is that the b-side "What Love Has Joined Together" has a 1972 publishing date, compared to "Harmour Love" which is 1975.  The Euroepan releases of "Harmour Love" have "Cause We've Ended As Lovers" on the other side, which also has a 1975 publishing date.  I wonder why guys at EMI in London thought differently from the rest of Europe (please no comments about UKIP and being different.....)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ..Smokey Robinson penned "what love bought together" was a in house favourite at HITVILE USA.  It was record by many by many MOTOWN artists over a 7 year period. some of the recorded versions have never been released, those that did get released are on LPs or are B sides, the best version of the song was by the TEMPTATIONS 45 as the B side of "it's growing" (in my opinion) Mary Wells did a nice copy,

However the very best version comes from JAMAICA on the Rupi Edwards SUCCESS LABEL by Dobby Dobbson who has a great voice, well suited for songs such as this, but his version is also the rarest of them all, and it is very elusive, I have 2 spare 12" copy's in the past I have sold it for £100, the 12" is a reissue released over 10 years after the 45 was released as a  7", the record was withdrawn very quickly hence it's rarity and high price if you see the 7" buy it, the 12" goes for £50 today if you want a copy from me, maybe I have under stated the value as I have seen and had more Glen Millers than copies of the Dobby Dobson :thumbsup: DAVE K

Social source share

"Harmour Love" ( the B side of "WLHJT" )did have a U.S.  45 release  but with a different B side ("Cause We've Ended As Lovers" ).

I don't think Syreeta's version of "What Love Has Joined Together " came out on 45 in the U.S.

Edited by the yank
Social source share

Syreeta - What love has joined together, love this 45, only seen UK tamla releases, did it come out in the USA?

Malcolm

Top pick Mal!

I made this my Record Of The Issue for the first edition of my Soulin' magazine about 15 years ago.

I'm delighted it's getting due recognition now.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!