Ebay - Robbing Bar Stewards

Brav

Don't know if Discussed before so feel free to Close if it has.

Sold some records for a Friend on Ebay and needed to check what commission had been taken so I could give him the correct amount back.

To my horror I noticed that Ebay now charge commission on Postage.

I thought ebay were trying to curb people from charging excessive postage rates, because if I had known about these charges I would have past them on to the winning Bidders.

Ebay really are Robbing Bar Stewards.

Brav

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Ebay is now an absolute joke, I heard about this a few weeks ago. There's no point in trading on there any longer, this is the final straw really and i wish everyone who trades on there would cease to do so for just one day in protest!

I've not sold records on there for a long time but my brother sells old Nintendo games and twice recently a purchaser has complained about the condition of the game and asked for a large refund, he replies saying: 'I'm sorry I don't offer partial refunds, please package the game and return to me and I'll issue you a full refund if you're not happy' - the customer refuses, complains to eBay and and they issue the partial refund! WTF?! I wish I could do that down the shops, buy something not be 100% happy so get a 20% refund!

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

There's hardly any American records of any use since their postal rates went up. It's the same with everything I've always sold a few new D.I.Y things made about 50 pence on each one now I'd make ten so put the price's up and hardly any sales won't bother next month Used to do well with 99 pence records add £1.50 postage , now minus paypal fee minus ebay fee (for £2.50 ) 25p minus postage then pay post office left with about 40 pence so will now just reduce price at gigs to Ebay prices .

Social source share

Ebay been charging on postage for quite some time. Blame the sellers who tried to recover their fees back via excessive postage.

But in general I agree with uroffal. Ebay's waste of time these days when it comes to selling. I only use it as a last resort for stuff I couldn't sell.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

They did announce this in advance, started in September, I've just added the 10% to my postage fees with a disclaimer stating my postage fees included postage, packing and the 10% charge ebay levy, havn't noticed a decrease in my detailed seller rating. It's certainly not right, but something i'm afraid buyers will have to live with, a cost incurred for sending the item.

Ebay greed i'm afraid

Social source share

you're right we're all getting ripped off, if it's not ebay plenty of others are lining up behind them to have a go,

EBay is voluntary, sort of. The price of stepping out the front door in NYC is enough to make you scream, and that's mandatory.

Probably not much different over there.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

...Ebay?....smart front....but no differently run as an ethos to any backstreet outfit hitting and running. They know it....i've faced them with it.....and they go 'silent' everytime.....but not at my expense!x About 10 years ago.....I sussed their implicitness in rolling you all!......1/2 million+ have read it.....and u know wot...in 10 years.....Ebay haven't done a thing because there is no one 'big enuff' to 'police' them....so they do as they like.....like Banks....Insurance firms and the like have done!x Welcome to the real world folks!x

https://www.matso.tv/ebal.html

Since then I started a new account which lasted until 2 months ago. 900+ 100%. I used it to raise money for Charities and the like. All kinds of stuff went through it. I mentioned in here my friends LP's a couple of months back.....Jimmy Hendrix's 'Are You Experienced' among them. He was happy with 'X' as a return to him and the rest went in the Charity pot. I sold that album.....posted it myself. My post office are my friends. They repacked it for me to get it in the cheapest  'price bracket' for posting. So....him and his wife....Postmasters...witnessed the posting. I didn't get proof or owt....I forgot. The buyer was 'on me' within minutes of the auction finishing.....'make sure you pack it right'....this that and the other fussing......all over it he was. Posted the same day. 10 days later......he sez in an e-mail.....'oh hi........just wondering if u've posted the album yet?'. WTF???? Yep I replied. He said he'd give it a couple more days......for arrival in Croydon?! The next thing...next day....I get a 'complaint' arrive from Ebay.....they said they had received a non delivery complaint and until I can prove postage.....they have refunded the purchase price to the buyer....and I owe them it!!!!!

So...I did provide 'proof'...as required....or beyond their expectations really....as I did 10 years ago!!! Simply put.....after offering support to the buyer to help him address his loss.....and it being ignored for 3 days....I sent folk to assist him. He spilled his guts. The album had been sold....via another account in France....to a buyer in Denmark........3 days after i'd sent it......for £280....and he'd had his £230 back from....erm...Ebay!!! £500 'profit' for 'working' the system! I don't mind him making £50 for his efforts...but £500?! Surely it's taking the P? It was.

He said in his Lithuanian dialect......Since Ebay changed their focus of refunds....ie the burden is on the person posting.....then all you have to do is....wait for a Muppet to send stuff unregistered.....sling Ebay an email of complaint....they give you the refund....and the sellers are left holding the baby!!! He admitted to doing the same about 40 times....in 3 weeks. We obtained the trail of transactions all on Ebay's own websites. I supplied Ebay with the evidence 5 weeks ago. They had 'suspended' my account until I paid them this 'refund' they had given this SCAMMER!!! It came to £230....I refused to pay it and explained/gave evidence as to why. I spoke with some 'Customer Service' Managers in the Philipines......they were hugely understanding. They never called back. So I called again....they said they will take it serious......but again....never called back. Thy did act tho'......after getting the evidence....2 postmasters statements....2 Police Officers findings....and the screen shots of the Foreign sale done with MY record........their response?????...to send a Bailiff in for the £230......!!! COME TO SOOOTY PAAALEEEEASSSSEEE!!!hehe!x The Bailiffs I phoned and told them the script and offered they will be charged £800 for my research and investigation of the matter and I will gladly supply them the evidence. Or...I will supply it for free to a County Court. The Bailiffs bailed out based on the few facts I supplied them. Then Ebay sent a 2nd 2 weeks ago! He called to my registered Ebay address. He was shown other investigations we have on file re Ebay/Paypal etc.......he asked us for a job as he left with qdos and cred ripped to shreds....!x

jhmont.jpg

....all I can say Jimmy is.....yes.....I am....fortunately!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

.....there is a body of opinion out there that will suggest I owe Ebay £230.....that I am an irresponsible person and my life will reflect such via the credit system! That's why I don't do 'systems'...........and am free of such opinion!!!!x Currently....Ebay have stopped at me owing them £230....despite the blatant scam i've presented them!!!!x Nobody from Ebay has wanted to talk about this 'loop-hole'!!! Lessons learnt? Ebay are advertising this new approach....guaranteed refund if goods don't arrive! Every Eastern Block or British scammer....is 'on it'. Ebay don't have to be. ENSURE YOU GET PROOF of posting...it's your only get out clause...even if you bring the buying villain to the table by his ear.............be advised!!!x

Where does it leave me???? Well.....my bill for activity equalled their refund. I haven't paid it....so Ebay paid me money back and I didn't need their co-operation....simply done. I also got my money back from the buyer......! So....i'm quids in. Ebay.....have paid for their mistake....as they did 10 years ago.,....and will say nowt! Sharks don't bother. For every 1 of me...there is around 999 that will just accept they've been scammed....or are unable to 'investigate' as I have. They know it......and are not interested in 'decent trading'. They don't have to be.....both of the scenarios presented here...over a 10 year span......prove such..........even laughing at us all. I've been with 'moguls' like that. Ebay...has such ilk at a high level....I reckon....it comes from the top such 'attitudes'.....I come through their sewers to expose such......and your all welcome......X GET PROOF....or be open to blatant abuse.....X

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!