[Rs] harry moon - no matter what - jenges

Mike

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

tripped over this from 2012

Trivia: This group have a very confusing history, but I think I've got my facts right. The Jenges label was operated by Philly producer, George Guess, and released at least six singles - all of which featured the Dream Merchants in one form or another.

The group were fronted by Harry Moon; his vocal style could sometimes be a touch off-key, but that added to the amateur charm of his performances. The group's first 45 billed them as The Indelgents (Jenges 4547). It featured both of the tracks on offer here, although this copy is the slightly wider release on Renee, which showed a change of group name to The Dream Merchants.

Under this alternative identity, they released a further three singles, with Jenges 5002 featured "The Girl I Need" paired with a reissue of "Stop (You're Breaking My Heart)"; the same Jenges number also released "S(YBMH)" in a slightly remixed format (the 4548A mix).

Other singles by The Dream Merchants appeared on Jenges 5003 and 5006. The label's final release was credited to Harry Moon, although it features an unbilled Dream Merchants on backing.

That release (Jenges 5007) features a rousing dancer titled "No Matter What", paired with another great uptempo mover. The latter was also released on the Sin label, but this time credited to Harry Moon & The Fide. 

The flip of the Sin release was yet another outing for "Stop (You're Breaking My Heart)", which makes at least five variations that I know of. All of these various Indelgents/Dream Merchants releases are booked by John Manship at £200 plus.

info from 

https://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/380415787770/RARE_60s_NORTHERN_SOUL_INDELGENTSDREAM_MERCHANTS_STOP_BREAKING_MY_HEART_DJ_ORIG

Social source share

• 1 month later...

"Womans Man" has been played by Cliff for years - initially under the covers, but I cant remeber the c/u name.

I have another release on the Sin lable by Harry Moon - cant remember what it is without getting the crates out and digging

The sin copy is woman's man and a better version of "stop your breaking my heart " which.is more commonly.known by the dream merchants on jenges,Renee.
Social source share

"Womans Man" has been played by Cliff for years - initially under the covers, but I cant remeber the c/u name.

I have another release on the Sin lable by Harry Moon - cant remember what it is without getting the crates out and digging

The sin copy is woman's man and a better version of "stop your breaking my heart " which.is more commonly.known by the dream merchants on jenges,Renee.
Social source share

Hey up Andy :wave:

Long time no see, how's that trusty man servant of yours Mick Brown. :wicked:

I assume the other Sin release that you've mentioned would be Harry & Vee Vee "Without Your Love" vocal and instrumental ? :hatsoff2:

Regards

Dave

Social source share

I assume the other Sin release that you've mentioned would be Harry & Vee Vee "Without Your Love" vocal and instrumental ? :hatsoff2:

Regards

Dave

Thanks for posting up Dave, just realised my.post is just a copy of Mike's previous post.. due to the fact I'm using.mobile and reading the latest comments opposed to the whole thread, Doh!
Social source share

Regards

Dave

Alright Fella

The toothless wonder works dodgy shifts nowadays so we dont venture out much.

Yes thats the Sin release I have - good job someone's got a better memory than me !!

I also have the Indelgents and Dream Merchants on Jenges. I think Rob Wigly used to play the Indelgents covered up way back when as I can remember him peeling the c/u lable back for me to have a peek about 20 years ago. Bugger I'm getting old.

Social source share

Alright Fella

The toothless wonder works dodgy shifts nowadays so we dont venture out much.

Yes thats the Sin release I have - good job someone's got a better memory than me !!

I also have the Indelgents and Dream Merchants on Jenges. I think Rob Wigly used to play the Indelgents covered up way back when as I can remember him peeling the c/u lable back for me to have a peek about 20 years ago. Bugger I'm getting old.

Hi Andy

Still toothless ! it's about time he sold off some of them old dusty 45's and bought himself some proper dentures :lol:

Weird set up these Jenges and Sin releases, but the answers to these scenarios is what keeps us proper collectors

going :thumbsup:

ATB

Dave

Social source share