This Weekend`s Finds,

Probberly robbed again whistling.gif

Sold one of these to mr Croasdell once,he liked it that much,it ended up on a Kent CD.

Heard this out loads,i like it.

Fer` yer` duffer of the day,i give you this whistling.gif

whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ferrett

Agreed, great tune, but not as good as 'Don't you feel sorry' by them (also on Glover). This is by far their most gutsy sound and I am really suprised it hasn't been played out by anyone. Got mine off Shute many moons ago, but I think it goes for £40 - 60 now.

It's the b'side to Somebody's lying on Love which is also reasonable and featured on one of the old Soul Supply albums in the 80's.

Social source share

LOVE LINES A GREAT CHEAPIE PLAYED IT LAST TIME I WAS ON AT GREATSTONE WENT DOWN WELL...HOPE THE NEW MOTORS FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS !!!!!!!!!!

Yup!!,one thirsty motor :D but luverly :lol:

My Val & Nick went for £43 or thereabouts yesterday...

Nice one Pete :D

Agreed, great tune, but not as good as 'Don't you feel sorry' by them (also on Glover). This is by far their most gutsy sound and I am really suprised it hasn't been played out by anyone. Got mine off Shute many moons ago, but I think it goes for £40 - 60 now.

Nice info!!, chin stroker Ferret. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

It's the b'side to Somebody's lying on Love which is also reasonable and featured on one of the old Soul Supply albums in the 80's.

Beware the Ferrett!

If you are contemplating buying this blind on the basis that you really like I'll Find You and someone has told you this is better - DON'T DO IT.

I know a fool who did and was very sorry about it later. :lol:

It's nothing like the beautiful and melodic soulful sound of I'll Find You. It's basically just some bird shouting Don't You Feel Sorry in a grumpy voice and you can't dance to it (which must be what Ferrett meant by 'Gutsy').

There, danger averted whistling.gif

Social source share

Luke Day is brilliant. A cross between Toussaint McCall's I'm Undecided and Hank Hodges Eye for an Eye. With a bit of Johnny Taylor thrown in. Love it! Would love a higher quality sound file even more.

Do you one later,when and if i find it blush.gif hey!!i`ve found it allready :P bakc in a mo` tongue.gif

Social source share

Luke Day is brilliant. A cross between Toussaint McCall's I'm Undecided and Hank Hodges Eye for an Eye. With a bit of Johnny Taylor thrown in. Love it! Would love a higher quality sound file even more.

Agreed great record, will have it's day one day. One I've spun out the odd time.

Hope this files better? Ken you need to record and save Wav and then convert to MP3, or save straight to mp3 if you can. Qulaity will be better cause reducing a wav to the size your posting will compress quite a lot and will lose a lot of quality in the process.

Luke_Day___Love_Lines___Renfro.mp3

Social source share

Agreed great record, will have it's day one day. One I've spun out the odd time.

Hope this files better? Ken you need to record and save Wav and then convert to MP3, or save straight to mp3 if you can. Qulaity will be better cause reducing a wav to the size your posting will compress quite a lot and will lose a lot of quality in the process.

I have done :P my mp3 is better than your mp3 blush.gif
Social source share

mine is an mp3pro, about half the size, in your case 2 thirds the size :P

Yeh!!,but you couldnt watch the thing go round blush.gif , :blush:nice one chalky

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Valerie & Nick - A £15 record for years - Brilliant record IMO and slowly started creeping up recently. Superb ! Ashford & Simpson at their earliest best!

Rich

"Same Old Feeling" by Jo Ann and Troy (Atlantic) is very similar - unsurprisingly it was also written by Ashford and Simpson....

TONE :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Tony,

There's also another version of "I'll find you" by the Bee Jays on Prime.

Personally prefer the Val and Nick version :ohmy:

Take care

John

"Same Old Feeling" by Jo Ann and Troy (Atlantic) is very similar - unsurprisingly it was also written by Ashford and Simpson....

TONE :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!