Falsetto

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Just been thinking about a topic that may have not been done?

The falsetto soul singer of all time..........Eddie Kendricks..........Smokey.........anyone got a fave?Which tune sways it for you?ATB Steve

Buddy Smith - When you lose the one you love

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest duncanm

Just been thinking about a topic that may have not been done?

The falsetto soul singer of all time..........Eddie Kendricks..........Smokey.........anyone got a fave?Which tune sways it for you?ATB Steve

Mate, lead singer on Timeless Legend - I was born to love you - has one of the best falsetto I've ever heard for sure... :shades:whistling.gif

Diego -

Social source share

only one answer steve...the numero uno, the head honcho, the big cheese, el capitan, the bug-eyed, buck-toothed soul-superman genius of black music...

curtis mayfield

Social source share

Favourite falsettos:-

Anything by Chris Bartley, Billy Griffin with the Miracles singing "Give me just another day"

The Players - Why did I lie , Lee Roye - Tears, obviously anything by Eddie Kendricks, The Marlynns - The very next time (wish I had it). Wish I was still 14 when I could sing falsetto!

sad.gif

Social source share

Lead singer in Baron's of Soul, so awesome send's a shiver down my spine every time I hear it. Would love to know his name, or any info on the group, not heard anything else by them, but surely with a voice like that and the unreal heights he hits with his voice, I find it hard to believe they just disappeared. Such a tragic waste of talent. :shades:

Alway's wondered if they recorded under another name at some point. Any info would be appreciated as come to a dead end with this one. frusty2.gif

Karen

Social source share

Lead singer in Baron's of Soul, so awesome send's a shiver down my spine every time I hear it. Would love to know his name, or any info on the group, not heard anything else by them, but surely with a voice like that and the unreal heights he hits with his voice, I find it hard to believe they just disappeared. Such a tragic waste of talent. frusty2.gif

Alway's wondered if they recorded under another name at some point. Any info would be appreciated as come to a dead end with this one. :lol:

Karen

Now we're talking !

Putting 2 and 2 together I always come up with The Volcanoes . It just makes sense.

(could also be The Ethics) ??.

One of the best records to ever come out of Harthon Studios for defo :lol:

This is McDougal , Randolph , Styles at their absolute best

Ask Chalky - he must know something :shades:

Good shout Karen

Kev J

Social source share

Now we're talking !

Putting 2 and 2 together I always come up with The Volcanoes . It just makes sense.

(could also be The Ethics) ??.

One of the best records to ever come out of Harthon Studios for defo :lol:

This is McDougal , Randolph , Styles at their absolute best

Ask Chalky - he must know something :lol:

Good shout Karen

Kev J

Oops - talkin Harthon, how could we forget Eddie Holman :shades:

Check out "I Need Somebody" on ABC if you like falsetto sounds frusty2.gif

Kev

Social source share

Favourite falsettos:-

Anything by Chris Bartley, Billy Griffin with the Miracles singing "Give me just another day"

The Players - Why did I lie , Lee Roye - Tears, obviously anything by Eddie Kendricks, The Marlynns - The very next time (wish I had it). Wish I was still 14 when I could sing falsetto!

sad.gif

HI Reckon I Haven't heard The Marlynns tune on Daran.....got the one on Tower ...which has a superb falsetto lead "My heart is yours"........same group?

ATB Steve

Social source share

Kenny Bobien :lol:

Suprised nobody's said Eddie Holman yet.

Couldn't agree more with Eddie Holman, "I Surender" "Night to Remember" the list goes on and on. Remember seeing him at stafford and when he did "Hey There Lonely Girl" and hit the top note it was total goosebumps time :lol:

Social source share

For me its Little Anthony "its not the same"

I have heard this song before but just listened again with it turned up and it's fantastic. :lol:

Dictionary; Falsetto "forced voice above natural range".

Can't hear anything in LA's singing that is forced here! :lol:

The arrangement on this song sounds very much to me like it could have easily been done for Gene Pitney or maybe it's just the high singing that sounds similar. Any connections re writers/production teams etc between the two artists?

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Just been thinking about a topic that may have not been done?The falsetto soul singer of all time..........anyone got a fave?Which tune sways it for you?ATB Steve

..they all do-Falsetto is the style I love-Eddie Ks.-'Walk with the Rain', The Van Dykes 'Save my love..', The Contours 'Suspicion', etc, the Continental Four's ''what you gave up' (backing),........etc....... :D

Social source share

only one answer steve...the numero uno, the head honcho, the big cheese, el capitan, the bug-eyed, buck-toothed soul-superman genius of black music...

curtis mayfield

He actually talked in a high squeeky voice too - shook his hand at a club in Bournemouth,

tiny bloke (I've never washed that hand since - 1974).

:D

Err............Chris Bartley and Bobby Reed do it for. I guess most of

Van McCoy's artists had a falsetto voice, that was his style.

Chris

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

curtis mayfield

A-MEN!

TONE :D

Social source share

curtis mayfield

I have always considered Curtis to me more of a 'high' tenor rather than falsetto. He certainly is no Russell Thompkins!

Mike

Social source share

I have always considered Curtis to me more of a 'high' tenor rather than falsetto. He certainly is no Russell Thompkins!

Mike

actually, a good call that mike. i just googled him out of interest - some sites like the rock and roll hall of fame and wikepdia say he was a falsetto, others say a tenor. i guess he switched between the two but is probably classically a tenor whistling.gif

Edited by Dan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!