Has Anyone Ever Renewed A Label?

Remember having an emidisc of L.J.Johnson - Your magic put a spell on me (I Know , I Know :lol: ) before it was released . I was convinced it was to released on 20th Century so spent a Sunday morning at work (Graphic Designers) using letraset , cameras etc and creating this masterpiece 20th Century label only for it to come out on bloody Phillips !!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Swifty :wink:

Same with the people who had "Weak Spot", the rumour was that it was coming out on Private Stock, hence many Midlands emidiscs of this having Private Stock labels

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here comes the lynch mob...

So why mention it at all. It's obviously a metter of public knowledge if you and Steve G know who it is. So why not let the rest of us know.

Or to you wish to maintain a 'I know more than you mystique'. There's always one of those in every group isn't there.

Social source share

So why mention it at all. It's obviously a metter of public knowledge if you and Steve G know who it is. So why not let the rest of us know.

Or to you wish to maintain a 'I know more than you mystique'. There's always one of those in every group isn't there.

Yes

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There was a guy from Bradford some years ago with a penchant for embellishment.

I designed a record and label for him. The record was "I Can't Stop Lying" on Dickhead Records by Martin M***ley and The Five Quid Wraps :)

:)

Embellishment

:)

that's a nice way of putting it.

Social source share

Dunno about cheapskate forgers Frankie. When I saw this "Top DJ" with all these carvers and labels stuck on my immediate thought was "how sad is this". I mean he clearly wanted to have the original records and had gone to a lot of effort to make it look (to him at least, since no other fooker would be fooled) as if he had them. Very sad infact.

I would like to know who this was as well as the others who asked above Steve

Can you post on here please, or maybe PM me if you don't want to be public about it?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Thought you were pulling our legs Pete  :D

I was only mentioning it in the context of the topic and didn't really want it to turn into a finger pointing exercise.  But the problem is that two people PM'd me asking if it was someone dj-ing currently and giving a name, and that's something I know nothing about, the incident I was talking about was like 13 years ago not today, and I feel lines are going to get blurred if I say anything else, especially when, as I say, I know nothing about who is playing what nowadays.

Social source share

My copy of Larry Laster - Go For Yourself had the B side label removed, no idea why.....It  was the record I picked from a mates collection after he was killed (his mum had me choose one)

So this is the result of me re-adding my home brew label.

post-7917-0-12090700-1381849503_thumb.jp

post-7917-0-11777800-1381849514_thumb.jp

I didn't even know what it was called, had to listen over and over. Not the best but it will do.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Here's one on eBay - at least the seller is upfront.

I would have got a better label from a nicer condition original if I was going to make a fake with it - but then maybe it is a double-bluff  :wicked: 

JACKIE BEAVERS (a) I NEED MY BABY, REVILOT RV208,THIS IS AN OLD RE ISSUE COPY WITH PHOTO COPIED LABELS TAKE FROM THE ORIGINAL,AS THE PROPER b SIDE LABEL, (LOVE THAT NEVER GROWS OLD), MEGA RARE ON AN ORIGINAL, IF ONE BECAME AVAILABLE IT WOULD SET YOU BACK £800, CLASSIC NORTHERN SOUL DANCER, CONDITION IS EX, WOL,THIS IS NOT AN ORIGINAL, BID WITH CONFIDENCE.

I like the bid with confidence bit ... confident that you are getting a shit looking fake  :lol:

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-0-41158100-1381855505_thumb.j

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I was only mentioning it in the context of the topic and didn't really want it to turn into a finger pointing exercise.  But the problem is that two people PM'd me asking if it was someone dj-ing currently and giving a name, and that's something I know nothing about, the incident I was talking about was like 13 years ago not today, and I feel lines are going to get blurred if I say anything else, especially when, as I say, I know nothing about who is playing what nowadays.

am fairly sure this was all openly discussed on here at the time

did i read it wrong ?

Social source share

Also when a top DJ sold up about 10 years ago, a lot of the originals were reissues or imports with high quality photocopies stuck on.  Though I don't know if he ever claimed they were originals, they just looked like it.  I got a nice pink Decca demo Lada Edmund Jr for £5.  Underneath it was UK MCA.

Can no-one be trusted???!!!! Might try doing that myself actually just to annoy people...

Social source share

Dunno about cheapskate forgers Frankie. When I saw this "Top DJ" with all these carvers and labels stuck on my immediate thought was "how sad is this". I mean he clearly wanted to have the original records and had gone to a lot of effort to make it look (to him at least, since no other fooker would be fooled) as if he had them. Very sad infact.

Steve - obviously not a 'top' DJ or maybe not even an honest collector... So sad in fact, I would pass a hat around to raise funds for DJ's in need... Alternatively, rally the troops to dance in a circle, thumbs in belt loops and Status Quo style rotate and sway, shaking the head vigorously. Perhaps we've reached the point when a MC holds up an OVO sign when it 's safe to dance or a pair of old Doc Martens when the carvers/reissues/Erics etc are on the decks?
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

They are primarily used by cnuts creating labels to try and convince people that their worthless shite boots are originals.

They then get booked to DJ at their mates do's, and parade around preening themselves thinking oh how clever they are.

They go around in little groups. I don't know what a suitable collective term for such sad creatures is, but I'll have a think :thumbsup:

I THINK IF THEY STAND IN A LITTLE GROUP FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES THERE CALLED A ( THICKET )

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!