British Bargain

Pete S

Don't really collect UK nowadays but I do like oddball things, I remember having (and selling) the UK Polydor demo of this, then I found two USA Atco demos (Never even realised it came out there until I found the first one) which I also sold, so I thought I'd have a bid on this one, 11 bids and I won it for a tenner, if the sound sample is still up have a listen, yes it's a typical pop stomper but the backing is fantastic and of course I don't care if nobody else likes it  :lol:

vinyl copies sell for £75 or so

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LESLEY-LANGLEY-66-EMIDISC-ACETATE-MISS-WORLD-MOD-SOUL-HEAR-IT-/261299814319?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=WexYoaj%252FBuWt%252FvJIU6B65AQrfgk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Don't really collect UK nowadays but I do like oddball things, I remember having (and selling) the UK Polydor demo of this, then I found two USA Atco demos (Never even realised it came out there until I found the first one) which I also sold, so I thought I'd have a bid on this one, 11 bids and I won it for a tenner, if the sound sample is still up have a listen, yes it's a typical pop stomper but the backing is fantastic and of course I don't care if nobody else likes it  :lol:

vinyl copies sell for £75 or so

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LESLEY-LANGLEY-66-EMIDISC-ACETATE-MISS-WORLD-MOD-SOUL-HEAR-IT-/261299814319?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=WexYoaj%252FBuWt%252FvJIU6B65AQrfgk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'll give you £15 for it Pete  :wicked:

Social source share

I've been watching this for ages - had a saved search for the singer, bloke had this as a B-I-N for months with no takers, when he finally gave up and put it on auction, I put a bid on it meaning to comeback and snipe it and then forgot about it.

:facepalm:

Edited by john s
Social source share

I've been watching this for ages - had a saved search for the singer, bloke had this as a B-I-N for months with no takers, when he finally gave up and put it on auction, I put a bid on it meaning to comeback and snipe it and then forgot about it.

Gutted!! Done that a few times and then banged my head on the desk when I realised the auction had finished without me bidding enough.

Social source share

Yeah he had it up for at least 6 months at £75. I had a feeling they weren't going to send it. But they did.

Social source share

Must have been a rubbish bid if I won it for £11 John  :lol:

Social source share

I just put 99p on it so I remembered to come back and snipe, then I forgot!  :ohmy:

I think I put a top bid of £22.88 on it which is my standard bid for something I'd like but aren't bothered if I don't win it or not.

I'd still be interested to know how many Atco copies of this are around though.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,,,, This is a typical Mick S record of 77, I'm not saying it is a MS discovery, but has all the ingredients that I associate with him, takes me back to when I lived not far from him, on a Thursday night he would pick me up to go to Bedford, he would play me all his finds from that weeks hunting for dustys , in his gas fitters van, happy days,

Here I am thinking I only needed 2 Polydor records to complete, and guess what you have dug up another one hat I must have, I am not a stamp collector but this really is a good one for the UK Northern collection, did it come out as a issue or is it DEMO only? it's rare, sort of thing I would do a trade for as it is hard to put a proper value to it as it is not in demand , well until now? nice find mate :thumbsup:  

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,,,, This is a typical Mick S record of 77, I'm not saying it is a MS discovery, but has all the ingredients that I associate with him, takes me back to when I lived not far from him, on a Thursday night he would pick me up to go to Bedford, he would play me all his finds from that weeks hunting for dustys , in his gas fitters van, happy days,

Here I am thinking I only needed 2 Polydor records to complete, and guess what you have dug up another one hat I must have, I am not a stamp collector but this really is a good one for the UK Northern collection, did it come out as a issue or is it DEMO only? it's rare, sort of thing I would do a trade for as it is hard to put a proper value to it as it is not in demand , well until now? nice find mate :thumbsup:  

Dave, it is in demand as a UK collectable, it's been known for years but only a handful of copies have ever turned up, all Polydor demos, I think I got the first one of Steve Eckersley.  Never heard of an issue copy turning up.  Lesley Langley was Miss World in 1965!

lesley-langley-102.jpg

Social source share

Dave, it is in demand as a UK collectable, it's been known for years but only a handful of copies have ever turned up, all Polydor demos, I think I got the first one of Steve Eckersley.  Never heard of an issue copy turning up. 

:hatsoff2: HI ALL .... Yes Pete I know the record from Mick back in the 7ts, as I thought I stated, but did not know it got pass the demo stage, I was unaware it was on POLYDOR, and as such  did not know any info about it but I had a feeling I did not get a release for some reason,

You ay be aware since moving  to Wolves in 1980 I did not go to any events until  PEP told me about the VIC I back into collecting, being away from the scene for a few years, I was amazed ,"Show many new quality sounds had come on the scene, and also how cheap classic records from the TORCH WIGAN years went for low prices, I got a TEMPOS DEMO £5 MOSIS SMITH DEMO £10 RINGLEADERS £3 AND MANY MORE, also how cheap I sold record many now fetch 3 figures, getting back to POLYDOR

records like TONY MIDLETON, THE PARADOX, WERE BEING SORT AFTER, in fact your great find of BEN BROWN was new to me, and many people were after the classic rendition of "you turned" LINDA LEWIS, However I cant remember NEW YORK in the same way or at all, (I live a lonely life)

To conclude the record reminds me of the standard "WINDY", any way PETE it's a good find, :g: DAVE THE HERMIT

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!