Luther Ingram, Vinyl Issue?

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

What's the story with the green label vinyl issue of the Luther Ingram, rather than the styrene pressings? I'd guess rarer than the styrene, as it's featured on the rarest of the rare scans on Manship's site. But how much rarer is it, is there a story behind the different pressings?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

rarer than styrene yes thats all i know about the green label vinyl issues

but know the first orange label release on vinyl is by far the rarest dont mistake it for not the atco 72 re-issue as labels are similar not that this helps but

Ive only ever seen 2 of the orange copies but a few of the green label vinyls..

BUT YES DEFO RARER THAN ANY STYRENE COPY IN ANY LABEL FORMAT

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

rarer than styrene yes thats all i know about the green label vinyl issues

but know the first orange label release on vinyl is by far the rarest dont mistake it for not the atco 72 re-issue as labels are similar not that this helps but

Ive only ever seen 2 of the orange copies but a few of the green label vinyls..

BUT YES DEFO RARER THAN ANY STYRENE COPY IN ANY LABEL FORMAT

Nice one :lol:

gallery_663_22_25966.jpg

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Nice one :lol:

gallery_663_22_25966.jpg

JT,S ONE HAS THE SAME FONTS & LAYOUT AS THE VINYL W/DEMO SO IM ASSUMING ITS GENUINE ENOUGH FOR ME

just found a couple..here is a styrene issue and a

VINYL WHITE DEMO....RARE OR NOT????

Im sure the layout on this is different to the styrene copies also..??

but if memory serves me correct ??????? :lol:

post-1405-1150375417.jpg

post-1405-1150375645.jpg

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Im sure the layout on this is different to the styrene copies also..??

Im offshore so cant access my data base to confirm

but if memory serves me correct ??????? :lol:

Think that may be right, different pressing plants, but isn't that copy the infamous green label vinyl reissue?

Social source share

but isn't that copy the infamous green label vinyl reissue

NOT TO MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE

GREEN BOOTS WERE DONE ON STYRENE WITH REALLY SHIT QUALITY SOUND

THE LEGAL ATCO 72 RE-ISSUES WERE ORANGE.

CHECK THE DESCRIPTION ON POPSIKE.COM

EBAY ITEM NUMBER

THIS GREEN ONE IS A BOOT NOTICE THE SAME LAYOUT AS THE ORIGINAL STYRENE COPIES BUT IT HAS NO RAISED X IN THE RUN OUT

post-1405-1150375817.jpg

post-1405-1150375962.jpg

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

but isn't that copy the infamous green label vinyl reissue

NOT TO MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE

GREEN BOOTS WERE DONE ON STYRENE WITH REALLY SHIT QUALITY SOUND

THE LEGAL ATCO 72 RE-ISSUES WERE ORANGE.

CHECK THE DESCRIPTION ON POPSIKE.COM

EBAY ITEM NUMBER

THIS GREEN ONE IS A BOOT NOTICE THE SAME LAYOUT AS THE ORIGINAL STYRENE COPIES BUT IT HAS NO RAISED X IN THE RUN OUT

Social source share

I have one of these green copies in styrene. The deadwax has a MR stamp 64973 ( Jan 67?) + HB-11531-1 a W and an XT

and reads PLUG SIDE on the right above the 698 and PROMOTIONAL NOT FOR SALE.

under the times etc on the right hand side.

Under Luther Ingram it reads ' Distributed by ATCO RECORD SALES 1841 Broadway,N.Y.,N.Y.

If I could work out this new scanner I would send a scan. About 2 years ago ( when I had the old scanner) I sent a scan to JM who said he thought it was a 'real one'

Does anyone know different or can shed light on this?

Thanks

Social source share

I`ll stikc with me yellow & green swirly copy,i would like to know how many copys they sold?,anybody?......................must be a few thousands,by all the other coloured issues and promo`s :D or why bother :D and a re-release too!!,bet it charted?

Social source share

First press styrene Detroit address raised X in the deadwax is Scarce

Atco Dist.Green Label vinyl first press is the one James Trouble has sent a scan of.

VERY RARE

Atco Dist.Orange Label vinyl first press . Photostat of it is in the Bootleg Guide only know of ONE copy. That seems to have disappeared. Credits the writer as WYLIE

White Demos of the above are reasonably available.

1972 orange label Atco distribtuted reissue for Selecta-Disc has a different TEXT layout and credits the writer as WYLIA

The VERY rarest of all the issues of this 45, will be on our site later today. VINYL press white demo with the DETROIT ADDRESS. Label has a totally different layout and was distributed by Atco. Until Joe Dunlop showed me it at Cleethorpes I was unaware that it existed. The scan of it will raise a few eyebrows. Stunning!

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Atco Dist.Green Label vinyl first press is the one James Trouble has sent a scan of.

VERY RARE

Atco Dist.Orange Label vinyl first press . Photostat of it is in the Bootleg Guide only know of ONE copy. That seems to have disappeared. Credits the writer as WYLIE

1972 orange label Atco distribtuted reissue for Selecta-Disc has a different TEXT layout and credits the writer as WYLIA

The VERY rarest of all the issues of this 45, will be on our site later today. VINYL press white demo with the DETROIT ADDRESS. Label has a totally different layout and was distributed by Atco. Until Joe Dunlop showed me it at Cleethorpes I was unaware that it existed. The scan of it will raise a few eyebrows. Stunning!

Thanks for clearing all that up John et al :D

I'll look out for the scan on your site John, where will it be, in the 'rarest of the rare' I presume?

Social source share

VERY RARE

Um, so now I'm confused, cos I have this one:

post-4607-1150457930.jpg

Orange label, vinyl, no distributed by ATCO markings, writer credited as Wylie - Hester. Different from all described above! Bought it in second hand/junk shop in USA about 20 years ago.

Any ideas?

John.

Edit, text looks far clearer than on scan as I have enlarged it a tad.

Edited by John Alden
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!