Montclairs - Hung Up On Your Love - Question ?

Swifty

You know the ones that have it mis-labled  and are on the lighter colour labels that look too new to me , are they really originals or a re issue, albeit a legit one . They just don't look right to me ?

any thoughts ,and I'm sure these have been mentioned in the past but couldn't find it

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

You know the ones that have it mis-labled  and are on the lighter colour labels that look too new to me , are they really originals or a re issue, albeit a legit one . They just don't look right to me ?

any thoughts ,and I'm sure these have been mentioned in the past but couldn't find it

Cheers

I first got one late 90's so they've certainly been around a while

Social source share

I first got one late 90's so they've certainly been around a while

Pete , it's just that they look the same colour as some of the re-issued/ New  Paula stuff that was around at the time , nothing like the deep red what I would call originals ,

I had one that looked like those with a different artist each side , with different dated records . Just don't look right to me ?

Social source share

Is it just me or is the sound quality of the UK Contempo copy superior to the US release?

Cheers,

Dave

I think so, so your not the only one. There's 2 of us.

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

They are certainly legal American reissues from the 90s.

The fun is that they pressed the wrong track on the flipside and the longer LP version too.

Cheers Paul

Paul , I always thought that Jewel / Paula / Ronn started re-issuing / "second-issuing" its earlier product from the late 70's/early 80's and that the Montclairs mis-label 45 dates from that time period ?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Paul , I always thought that Jewel / Paula / Ronn started re-issuing / "second-issuing" its earlier product from the late 70's/early 80's and that the Montclairs mis-label 45 dates from that time period ?

i never saw them until late 90`s and i think they would have regularly have been seen from the 70`s onwards if pressed then

• Helpful 2
Social source share

You may well be right sunnysoul but the labels print/colouring doesn"t look 70s/80s to me. Vinyl also looks a bit too "new" if you know what I mean,

See Mr Pinches post too

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!