Ivories On Wand

spot

I had to laugh.  On the same page as the $3,000 Ivories, is "Just One Look" by Doris Troy, listed as "Rare Northern Soul".  There were 0 bids.  Just how rare is it?  I must have seen several thousand of those in the 50 years since its release.  It was a major hit.  It's not even "medium rare", or even "well done".  It's more like "scorched". :ohmy: 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

2nd copy on eBay in as many weeks

What condition was the previous copy on eBay Nev and how much did it sell for?

It's okay Nev, found it. Looked in worse condition than the one sold last night and sold at 'best offer' for $2,800.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

The "buy it now" price was $2800, but it sold for the best offer of $2000.

How do you know that Sebastian? Or is that a silly question? ;-)

Only, the post only shows the following;

Item condition:
Used

Ended:
Oct 08, 2013 13:25:33 PDT

Price:
US $2,800.00
Best offer accepted  

Shipping:
$20.10 USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service
Social source share

How do you know that Sebastian? Or is that a silly question? ;-)

Go here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IVORIES-rare-soul-girl-group-WAND-please-stay-Im-in-a-groove-HEAR-IT-/221294956331?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3386350f2b

Click "See original listing" at the top of the page.

On the next page, click on "Print" about halfway down the page on the right side (just above the item number, next to "Report item") and it will show which offer was accepted (in this case $2000).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Go here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IVORIES-rare-soul-girl-group-WAND-please-stay-Im-in-a-groove-HEAR-IT-/221294956331?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3386350f2b

On the next page, click on "Print" about halfway down the page on the right side (just above the item number, next to "Report item") and it will show which offer was accepted (in this case $2000).

Cool. Thanks for that Sebastian. You learn something new every day :-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Go here:

Blimey - never knew you could do that.  Every day`s a school day...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2nd copy on eBay in as many weeks

Not from the same source though, and the later looks to be a far nicer styrene copy, the first was a radio station copy? had this side and a sticker with 38...

tis weird how two have come up in quick succession, other than the one Mick Smith always played and put on his lists, Ive only ever seen one copy come up on the bay some years ago...

M

Social source share

Which of the Despanza releases are ok to play ?

Russ

Probably only the ones that spell it 'Despenza', Russ - anything else I wouldn't trust! :)

Actually, I do have a very soft spot for the 'script logo' version as opposed to the 'block print' one.  Never had any version, but I do think one day I might try to find a little space in the box for one...

All the best,

Nick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not from the same source though, and the later looks to be a far nicer styrene copy, the first was a radio station copy? had this side and a sticker with 38...

tis weird how two have come up in quick succession, other than the one Mick Smith always played and put on his lists, Ive only ever seen one copy come up on the bay some years ago...

M

Maybe the first copy having such a high tag ,alerted someone else who did'nt realise it's full worth ?

This does seem to happen from time to time ..recent example being the SUPERBS on DORE ,once thought to be unreleased ,found and sold for decent money and then a few turn up in short succession :g:

P.s

POST a want up for something your after and put in big bold letter's ..WILL PAY FOUR FIGURE SUM TO FIRST PERSON TO OFFER ONE !

£10.99 should work :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Probably only the ones that spell it 'Despenza', Russ - anything else I wouldn't trust! :)

Actually, I do have a very soft spot for the 'script logo' version as opposed to the 'block print' one.  Never had any version, but I do think one day I might try to find a little space in the box for one...

All the best,

Nick

The copy I had was the script logo, and so was the other copies I had seen at the time.

Anyway I saw two copies of the block print on a record stall in London (mid 70s) and left them thinking it had been booted :ohmy:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

All the best,

Nick

LOL...Hope you are well my friend :lol:

Russ

Social source share

I have just checked the rule book and clause 33 ,page 22 ,paragraph 6 clearly states .." As long as the record was released at the time the artist or artists were actually releasing it and performing it at that time ,it's totally kosher "

Re-issues released 30-40 yrs after first issue ,purely for the purpose of feeding a bunch of crazy fools dance scene in Europe ,is not kosher :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Nev Lol !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!