Caffey Brothers/ Joe King-Speak On Up Acetate/pir Acetates*reduced*

Mal C

Hi all reductions in Red below, Buyer pays Postage: £2.50 1st Class Signed for (within the UK), £8.00 for Fully Insured (upto £500)

Payment direct into my Bank Account, or Pay Pal: arkanoid300@hotmail.com Please note, I'd ask buyers to cover any pay pal or associated fees.

happy to supply MP3's of you want to hear anything.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm

----

Caffey Brothers - Make me Over / Aura £200 Reduced to £150

Current spin, an a real moody horn lead track, mint condition, a real spanker..

Joe King - Speak On Up / Whats wrong — Original Promo Acetate - £200 Reduced to £160 reduced to £140 reduced to £100

This is an original promotional acetate sourced form the Prix label owner Clem Price, and is both the released sides from the Prix label 45. 

The label address is Harmonic Sound Production 1482 Felix Drive which is a different address to what appears on the released Prix 45. Harmonic Sound Productions was the in house production company, the song was produced by the label owner and written by the artist who was a staff musician. So it is a publishing promo as the address being different to the label address. I'm reliably told the guy this came from had all the tapes and master record plates for the Prix catalog.

This is a typical 7"acetate with a metal base and shellack coating. Clean typed labels and the record plays great with only a couple light visible scuffs, scans below...

----------

Ten Philadelphia International Records dub Acetates acetates as a Job lot for £200, Reduced to £120 all in, Reduced to £100 you pay post.

Nice selection of Original ten 10" Inch Frankford Wayne Reference dub acetates.  These are all from 79/80, there are seven double sided acetates and three single sided acetates listed below. All are in spectacular condition, there is very little wear on the discs, a minute blemish here or there, but overall these are beautiful examples. I recorded them all last night, and the sound quality is second to none, I was really impressed with them, and I will supply all my sound files and the below scans to the buyer.

They all come in their original manilla sleeves, complete with studio notes, and some have 'ENG's COPY' written on then. I'd assume they came from someone working at the Studio, or at the label? but I got them from an elderly Philly based collector. Musically, these represent the label at its best at the time, a mix of nice soulful dancers, one or two ballads, and some disco work outs thrown in, the Jones Girls side is really nice , as are the Billy Paul and Lou Rawl sides, Dexter Wansel is a real standout also.

Here are the sides:

Archie Bell & The Drells - How Can I

Archie Bell & The Drells - Show Me How to Dance

Billy Paul - I Think I'll Stay at Home Today (Pt1)

Billy Paul - I Think I'll Stay at Home Today (Pt2)

Billy Paul - Love Buddies

Billy Paul - Jesus Boy

Dexter Wansel - New Beginning

Frantique - Disco Dancer

Frantique - Night People Like These

The Futures - In Answer to your Question

The Futures - Lets Dance Together

The Jones Girls - I'm at your Mercy

Lou Rawls - Heartaches

Lou Rawls - Your My Blessing

McFadden & Whitehead - I Know What I'm Gonna Do

McFadden & Whitehead - Why oh Why

The O'Jays - Get on Out and Party

Below links my original thread, and individual scans if you want to see them up close..

----

Kind Regards,

Malcolm

post-2025-0-31401700-1382002431_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-30588600-1382002466_thumb.pn

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply