Freddie Gorman Of The Orignals : Rest In Peace

Guest stash313

Guest stash313

Sad news coming through from the United States.

Freddie Gorman bass singer and leader of The Originals passed away on June 13th...

Freddie Gorman famed for his work with the group over four decades was also a notable solo artist in Detroit with work for Ric - Tic such as In A Bad Way and Take Me Back.

He penned the hit Mr Postman for the Marvelettes among many other Motown hits...

I worked with the group in 2002 on their UK visit for Richard Searling's 50th and found him and Walter, Hank and Terrie to be some of the most wonderful people I have ever met.

The Originals were one of the most talented groups of all time, and along with The Temptations rate as my favourite group of all time.

I was despearate to see the current line up of HANK DIXON, TERRIE DIXON, WALTER GAINES and FREDDIE GORMAN to perform again in the UK but with the passing of Freddie and health worries surrounding Walter Gaines, along with the death of C.P Spencer a couple of years ago I'm afraid that we may have to say goodnight to one of the most under-rated soul groups of all time.

Iam humbled that I was able to spend time with Freddie and the group and was glad that I got to see him again in Los Angeles a few years ago...

Rest in peace Freddie...

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Freddie Gorman bass singer and leader of The Originals passed away on June 13th...

Freddie Gorman famed for his work with the group over four decades was also a notable solo artist in Detroit with work for Ric - Tic such as In A Bad Way and Take Me Back.

He penned the hit Mr Postman for the Marvelettes among many other Motown hits...

I worked with the group in 2002 on their UK visit for Richard Searling's 50th and found him and Walter, Hank and Terrie to be some of the most wonderful people I have ever met.

The Originals were one of the most talented groups of all time, and along with The Temptations rate as my favourite group of all time.

I was despearate to see the current line up of HANK DIXON, TERRIE DIXON, WALTER GAINES and FREDDIE GORMAN to perform again in the UK but with the passing of Freddie and health worries surrounding Walter Gaines, along with the death of C.P Spencer a couple of years ago I'm afraid that we may have to say goodnight to one of the most under-rated soul groups of all time.

Iam humbled that I was able to spend time with Freddie and the group and was glad that I got to see him again in Los Angeles a few years ago...

Rest in peace Freddie...

That is sad news, soory to hear this.

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Rest in peace Freddie...

RIP Freddie.

If there is a better soul record than Baby i,m for real. I,ve yet to hear it . The Originals at there very best.

Steve

Social source share

Great voice. Sad news indeed.

whistling.gif Gabby and I met Freddie in Hollywood at the Funk Bros. celebration (Standing in the shadows..) located at Guitar Center a couple of years ago. We were both star-struck, and made sure he knew we were big fans.

We were pleased to find him a top rate guy, very sweet, and very humble.

His passing is an immesurable loss....

:lol:

Social source share

Rest in peace Freddie...

Very Sad News

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest soul_hull

Rest in peace Freddie...

truly a great band, and a sad loss indeed.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Really sad news, saw Freddie in the Ritz for RS 50th what a show. Baby I'm for Real and The Bells 2 of my favourite tunes.

Social source share

Guest Doris

I remember this being filmed at the Ritz by the BBC(?) does anyone know if this is availabe - it was truly a memorable performance from a modest and extremely under rated group

Doris

Social source share

Guest stash313

It's not available Doris, I've tried desperately to get a copy.

Hopefully someone will let it see the light of Day...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!