Horse And Groom Chill Out Sunday October 20Th

Lordy lordy, incredible once again, we got there at 12, you can see why by the playlist, we daren,t miss a record, the lads excelled again, they always choose the right guests aswell who bring something else to the party, all being soulful of course, really hard to pick a record of the day but if pushed Hard Tymes-I ask a question played by Mark, with the exception of Just Soul and the Jim Wray lounge, you will not here stuff like that anywhere, awesome, just like the whole day (BTW, the real ale is getting better and better, think me and Mike Lofthouse drank a full barrel)

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Lordy lordy, incredible once again, we got there at 12, you can see why by the playlist, we daren,t miss a record, the lads excelled again, they always choose the right guests aswell who bring something else to the party, all being soulful of course, really hard to pick a record of the day but if pushed Hard Tymes-I ask a question played by Mark, with the exception of Just Soul and the Jim Wray lounge, you will not here stuff like that anywhere, awesome, just like the whole day (BTW, the real ale is getting better and better, think me and Mike Lofthouse drank a full barrel)

Kev

I agree with you Kev, it was new to me but totally blew me away,sort of in a similar vein to Troy 'Tomorrow means another day were apart' or Ike Noble 'Your Love' fantastic vocals, superb soul music.

Great to see you guys again, hope you all got back home ok.

No doubt see you again soon (Just Soul or Wilton)

Paul

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I agree with you Kev, it was new to me but totally blew me away,sort of in a similar vein to Troy 'Tomorrow means another day were apart' or Ike Noble 'Your Love' fantastic vocals, superb soul music.

Great to see you guys again, hope you all got back home ok.

No doubt see you again soon (Just Soul or Wilton)

Paul

Hi Paul

Got home OK, went for a curry to top the perfect day, Hard Tymes, had it on CD for a while courtesy of Bully , knocked me for 6 to hear it out, shouldn,t have been suprised though, H&G has done that to me on countless occasions

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Yes fantastic playlists - stayed from 12 until 19:30 - that says it all.   Special mention to guest Mark Houghton who played a first class set.  It's a great way to spend a Sunday although  I tend to drink a little too much when in the company of the Aycliffe lot - which I will be doing again next Saturday at Just Soul !!!!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Cracking day yet again :) brilliant music with many of my favourites being played :yes:

thanks to Joe for the Gonzalez tip :thumbsup: and all the other dj's who played fantastic sets - I was pleased to hear Otis Jackson not heard that played out for years.

A fantastic friendly crowd as always and great crack ta boot!

Curry went down a treat unfortunately it came back up in the early hours :ohmy:

Dog rough through the night - I think it was the breakfast I ate. :D

See you all in December!

Daz

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Kev

gotta agree with you there ,only showing the Hard Tymes 45 to a mate on Sunday telling him how good it is etc but didn't play him it!it truly is a fantastic piece of deeep soul and from the pen of Roosevelt Matthews the pedigree is there.Garry Cape told me he was driving around somewhere in Illinois when he came across a afro-american ladies hairdressers shop with a big sign on it called  ' Lil's purple brush' he said to himself "it can't be" as he knew of the distributors name on the label to this 45,so he goes into the hairdressers and asked if they knew anything about the record turned out the lady owner Lil's brother was in the group and she distributed it from her salon!Garry got what she had left which i think he said about ten copies which he promptly brought to uk ,mine is one of these which i bought of someone who got it originally from Garry,you'd have to prise it from my dying hands!!great playlists from all above open minded collectors  ,i'll be come to donnie ....eventually...

dave longbottom

ps

Garry really should write a book!

Edited by lfcjunkie
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Going off the stuff you put on CD and your recent playlist Samantha, its definitely your kinda do. If you set off from Oz on the friday before the next one on Dec 15th gives you enough time to get over the jet lag to enjoy :thumbup: Oh, and bring John Phillips with you

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!