Taurus And Leo.. I Aint Playing Baby... Boot Copy ?

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Found a copy of Taurus and Cleo on Velvet sound records on the orange/ yellow lable....

Info on this please.. Are there some boot copies

Info and price on this record please...

Hi Steve 

Not sure if it's been booted ?

I've got the  W/ Demo & it's got the famous reversed S matrix stamp with the R & C within the curves of the S

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

There are different pressing of this one.

Don't think it has been booted (although I do recall previously hearing rumours of this). Certainly nothing in Manship's bootleg guide about it.

There is an ATCO distributed version, which is referenced on the label, and also a local Detroit version without the ATCO mention and referencing 'An Empire Production'.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Found a copy of Taurus and Cleo on Velvet sound records on the orange/ yellow lable....

Info on this please.. Are there some boot copies

Info and price on this record please...

Hi Steve 

1 on Manships site Orange label & i think it's the LOCAL issue as richard quoted on post #8 also it looks like a styrene copy too

he's got it priced at  50quid

atb Kev 

Social source share

I've never heard of a boot of that record.  It wasn't rare.  I wouldn't guess there has ever been a reason to boot it.  It's been pressed in different plants and independently, and under Atlantic/Atco distribution, and so has very different label design, plastic used, etc.  All are likely legit.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert