Doing A Small Ns Party For Halloween - Need Themed Songs

Guest soul_hull

Guest soul_hull

I don't mind stepping across boundaries a bit and playing a lil jazz/funk/disco/whatever. The people coming aren't soulies anyway.

So - what can I play at Halloween that fit's the bill?

Social source share

Hi Hull-Soul...X
I've done Halloween gigs and enjoy them and ANYTHING goes i've found! Me vinyl includes some obvious tunes like:-

Kate Bush-Hammer Horror
Bobby Pickett-Monster Mash
Ray Parker-Ghostbusters
Cerrone-Supernature....tuuuune!!

...and some 'rarer' tunes for the occasion....!x

Paul Peek-The Shadow Knows(Soul...and tune!x)
The Champ Boys-Tubular Bells(great for musical chairs...!)
Hot Blood-Soul Dracula...this and the above Champ boys being 2 of the original 100 'Northern Soul' tunes I heard put on a tape for me in '76 ish!x
Am I being the grim reaper and clawing that dark corner of forgotten Soul...and Soulies???!!! No...i'm the ghost of Xmas Past...reminiding all of their dancing bedroom deeds.......deal with it!!!hehe!!!x

...that "DUU DUU DUUUU DU DUUU DU DOOO"...when they give it some still makes me arm's tingle....!!!x Hit's the veins methinks!!!x Job done!!!!x
There is a time...and a place...for every tune...I find! The time for Hot Blood...is Hallloweeeeennnn!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SPOOKY
X

...and Soulhawk beat me to it....the classic....and bedroom favourite of many thru the 70's.......GHOST IN MY HOUSE....WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!x

...Party's....luv em....and thanks Hull-Soul.....for getting me brain going this lovely day!!x
EDIT....'ere....ure not from Ghoul near 'ull r ya???!!!!x
Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Nobody mentioned the obvious one???

JACKIE WILSON-HAUNTED HOUSE

OR

FASCINATIONS-GHOULS ARE OUT TO GET YOU

COBBLESTONE=TRICK ME TREAT ME

ASTORS-CANDY

Anything by the Zombies of course

AL FOSTER-THE NIGHT OF THE WOLF.

Harry....I just logged out as I have to go....but had to log in again....i;'m intrigued!!!x Why you put the Astors-Candy in there??!!! Is it a 'joke'??...nightmare tune for u or summink??!! Honest....clueless!!!x Bu**er!!x I have an extra interest because I played the B side...'I Found out'...regular!!x I was told that Candy was played back in the day....but I listened to both sides...and that was 'it' for me in the 90's!! LUV IT!!x

LUV

SCURIOUSY

X

@@

~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2NiPSHdXk

...hopefully get the answer in next 10 mins.....or it'll bug me fror the next few days as I have to go.....poo!! Been here before in here.....Harry's a fella's name tho......chilll Wiiiinsssstttooon......hummmmmmm...!x

EDIIIITTTT....CAAANDY!!!!!....like a sweet.......argggghhhh....just sussed it when i saw Apples Peaches Pumpkin Pie.....grub init!!!!....now where's me edit edit button.......!!!!x DOOOOH.....but at least I know where the TOP button is......cough.....!x Have a good week all!!!x

@@

~

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Harry....I just logged out as I have to go....but had to log in again....i;'m intrigued!!!x Why you put the Astors-Candy in there??!!! Is it a 'joke'??...nightmare tune for u or summink??!! Honest....clueless!!!x Bu**er!!x I have an extra interest because I played the B side...'I Found out'...regular!!x I was told that Candy was played back in the day....but I listened to both sides...and that was 'it' for me in the 90's!! LUV IT!!x

LUV

SCURIOUSY

X

@@

~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2NiPSHdXk

...hopefully get the answer in next 10 mins.....or it'll bug me fror the next few days as I have to go.....poo!! Been here before in here.....Harry's a fella's name tho......chilll Wiiiinsssstttooon......hummmmmmm...!x

EDIIIITTTT....CAAANDY....like a sweet.......argggghhhh....just sussed it when i saw Apples Peaches Pump[kin Pie.....grub init!!!!....now where's me edit edit button.......!!!!x

Trick or treat... you give out CANDY to the kids who come to the door?......

Social source share

Any version of Screamin Jay Hawkins I Put A Spell On You, his DeCca one is actually Northern. He did loads of other stuff like this. Johnny Watson Strange is good too.

Yes Screamin Jay Hawkins did several others in his drunken session.  "Little Demon" comes to mind.  Also, "Frenzy".   There were several more on the "I Put a Spell On You" LP.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Trick or treat... you give out CANDY to the kids who come to the door?......

...just slap me MrC.....I is human is me only defence.....X

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

..the bu**ers cost me about £50 each flippin' Halloween....how can I forget?!!!Doh!x It takes me night up.......answering the door with me special effects lightning in their eyes and me Devil outfit meeting and greeting with blood everywhere........loads cried last year when I opened the door and screamed WAAAADDDDYA WANNNTTT!!!! LUV IT!!!x I have a speaker in the front garden....a football stadium speaker....playing spooky stuff....hear it from about 10 miles across the fens last year I was told....! Any excuse to play music....to the masses......wonderful!!!x

@@

~

I'm outta 'ere.......thanx for the chats this week everyone....enjoyed it all....X

@@

~

Social source share

I shall be playing this little popcorn number on Saturday for the Ayrshire ghouls!

Tony and the Monstrosities on Crypt Records.

Glad you beat me to it Haydn, "Igor's Party" is the ultimate halloween tune. That YT clip sounds way ramped up in speed though. 

Try this one, slower n' creepier ;)

Edit: My mate who turned it on to me plays it slow in the popcorn tradition, guess thats why when I heard other clips it didn't seem quite right, hah! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUk6K7D_7I

Edited by AndreasB
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Here's a small playlist if your guests aren't soulies, there's a bit of everything on here, something for everyone on there!

"Dragula" - Rob Zombie 

"A Nightmare on My Street" - D.J. Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince

"Somebody's Watching Me" - Rockwell"

"Runnin' With the Devil" - Van Halen

"Don't Fear the Reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult 

"Highway to Hell" - AC/DC

"Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon

"Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker Jr.

"Monster Mash" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers 

"Thriller" - Michael Jackson

"Devil Gate Drive" - Suzi Quatro

"Dance With The Devil" - Cozy Powell

"Devil Got My Woman" - Skip James

"Vampire Blues" - Neil Young

"Mr Crowley" - Ozzy Osbourne

"Lullaby" - The Cure

"Feed My Frankenstein" - Alice Cooper

"Mary Janes Last Dance" - Tom Petty

"Breathe" - The Prodigy

"Sweet Dreams" - Marilyn Manson

"Yonkers" - Tyler The Creator

"Push It Baby" - Pretty Ricky

"Disturbia" - Rhianna

Social source share

Here's a small playlist if your guests aren't soulies, there's a bit of everything on here, something for everyone on there!

"Dragula" - Rob Zombie 

"A Nightmare on My Street" - D.J. Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince

"Somebody's Watching Me" - Rockwell"

"Runnin' With the Devil" - Van Halen

"Don't Fear the Reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult 

"Highway to Hell" - AC/DC

"Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon

"Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker Jr.

"Monster Mash" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers 

"Thriller" - Michael Jackson

"Devil Gate Drive" - Suzi Quatro

"Dance With The Devil" - Cozy Powell