Where To Buy Carton Record Mailers In The Uk ?

Chris L

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

They're not really carton mailers though, are they? More like envelope mailers. I thought you meant the more boxey ones. Which sounds wholesale also do, if you search for cruciform mailers. Handy if you're sending abroad or two or three single in the one order...

Social source share

They're not really carton mailers though, are they? More like envelope mailers. I thought you meant the more boxey ones. Which sounds wholesale also do, if you search for cruciform mailers. Handy if you're sending abroad or two or three single in the one order...

True, I have those box type but most of what I sell tend to be single records only, think the last lot were about 15 sales only 3 were multiples.

Social source share

Gonna use what I still have and will cut up supermarket boxes, 2 small ones close to where I live have hundreds available :thumbsup:

good idea. 

when i complained to that seller about the poor quality of the cardboard he said they are stiff enough. my comment of id hate to be your wife if you think that didnt go down well.

i cant find anywhere in the UK that does proper stiffeners. tho when you get 45s from moerer  you get 4 supremely stiff cards in the quality mailer.

Social source share

i cant find anywhere in the UK that does proper stiffeners. tho when you get 45s from moerer  you get 4 supremely stiff cards in the quality mailer.

Hmmm, just wondering if it's worth buying 45s off Moerer just to get his stiffeners. Buy 25 singles and you'd have 100 stiffeners... Just the excuse I needed. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I have now shipped some 70+ records using these carton mailers. They are very marginal, I decided only to ship vinyl records, no styrene. If you put too much carton stiffeners in the sleeve it becomes very difficult to get the record out afterwards. I haven't had any complaints from customers so I'm assuming they've arrived all OK. I did make my own stiffeners from carboard I got from the local supermarket, it was a bit trial and error. I have bought records from UK sellers who also use mailers, they've tended to be larger in size making it easier to increase the stiffeners so once this lot used up I'll trawl around to see what I can find.

Social source share

I've been using the album versions of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-MusicMax-LOCKTAB-CARDBOARD-7-VINYL-RECORD-MAILERS-/400174015559?pt=UK_Packaging_Materials&hash=item5d2c3ae447

And think they're pretty good, couple of cardboard stiffeners, plus the mailer is cardboard too, so it's like four sheets of card thick. Bit more expensive but much, much better than the card envelopes. Plus, they're easier to re-use at the other end...

Social source share

I've been using the album versions of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-MusicMax-LOCKTAB-CARDBOARD-7-VINYL-RECORD-MAILERS-/400174015559?pt=UK_Packaging_Materials&hash=item5d2c3ae447

And think they're pretty good, couple of cardboard stiffeners, plus the mailer is cardboard too, so it's like four sheets of card thick. Bit more expensive but much, much better than the card envelopes. Plus, they're easier to re-use at the other end...

A lot of European sellers use those. Once they're taped up I find them very hard to open without tearing the tab, so not sure I've ever been able to re-use one.

For a single 45 or LP the envelope type are ok with 3 good stiffeners (and taped up - had a few sent without tape and arrive open)

re: soundswholesale - bought some 7" stiffeners and cruciform mailers from him recently - the stiffeners are ok, not the best but perfectly fine (guess the cardboard quality varies), but the cruciform mailers are awful, really flimsy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert