Rey Villar And Royal Flush Heaven Is My Witness

arnie j

A Jason yoder discovery and a Lars Bulheim spin first .

Most or all copies came through Jason from Indiana .

Amazing record and a very obscure label that I've never seen anything else on .. Flip is a very poor version of a well known record ,that has escaped me ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sold mine this year for more than £500.00 don't think this will ever turn up in volume, Paul Havekin still has his copy, think muck and mo have one also, used to get plenty of plays at the Greatstone.

Is that the name Mr Smith uses now ;)
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Wasn't many think nev had 2 or 3 that's where mine came from, I know bob Cosby has one think Keith money may have one, and Paul still has his, also Brett and mick and mo. Not sure maybe Dave Ripolles. So not many copies nev will confirm this but think they came from the producer.

Social source share

Wasn't many think nev had 2 or 3 that's where mine came from, I know bob Cosby has one think Keith money may have one, and Paul still has his, also Brett and mick and mo. Not sure maybe Dave Ripolles. So not many copies nev will confirm this but think they came from the producer.

I had and sold five and Lars must have had as many ..i'd put the total to at maybe 20 copies .

Amazingly Lars sent one to John Manship to auction and it only hit about £400 if memory serves me right ?

Social source share

I had and sold five and Lars must have had as many ..i'd put the total to at maybe 20 copies .

Amazingly Lars sent one to John Manship to auction and it only hit about £400 if memory serves me right ?

Some things get auctioned too early, I think Rey Villar was one. Me and Dave both have copies out of that pile that surfaced.

Social source share

I had 4 copies. One before the small pile popped up and three from Jason. As Nev stated, I gave one to John Manship and he indeed got not much out of it, Marc got my last copy. Jason found not more then 10 copies of this, he had it out of the hands of the producer if memory serves me right. I doubt, that more copies will surface in the future. Nice record, but the arrangement is a bit weird.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

thank you to everyone for all the great info,the knowledge you lot have amazes me sometimes,i never knew how rare this record was when i started the thread,i just listened to it again after a few beers and it blew me away,you know what its like

jason

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

For me a Mr Paul Havekin spin as that's where I first heard it and another Greatstone fabulous tune.

It may have been played before that but I first heard it from Paul and what a tune it is (in my opinion) crossover magic.

I can honestly say just about every time that I have played it out somebody has come up and asked what it is which just shows what a fabulous underrated tune it is.

Social source share

For me a Mr Paul Havekin spin as that's where I first heard it and another Greatstone fabulous tune.

It may have been played before that but I first heard it from Paul and what a tune it is (in my opinion) crossover magic.

I can honestly say just about every time that I have played it out somebody has come up and asked what it is which just shows what a fabulous underrated tune it is.

Hi Keith :)

The first person to play it at the Greatstone was me and if memory serves me right ,we both dj's there on the same night ?

I first played it at the Coschman in Darlington before being invited to play at Greatstone .

I used to deliberately spell his name as Ray instead of Rey ,to throw people off the scent lol

I also got Paul and Mark their copies ,but I heard it two yrs previous to getting it ,from a good friend who already had it and was kind enough to share it .

I contacted two other owners ,Butch and Lars for leads ,so i think them two were first to play it out .

Micky Gynn was the first person I sold a spare to .

Social source share

Hi Nev,

Thanks for info, I always like to hear record stories about who discovered and played them first so apologies for getting it wrong.

I remember that night very well when we were both on and the brilliant records played all night which was normal for Paul, Tony, Mark, Budgie and yourself.

I think when I got my record it was the last copy that came from the original source as I had to buy it from Switzerland (I think) which is where he had moved to and he said he didn't have any more.

Anyway a fabulous tune and thanks for playing it.

Social source share

Great record,i first heard Bob Crosby play this at Essence years ago. i remember the pile that turned up and missed out cos they all went quick via private deals :ohmy: . Nev offered me a spare for good money and i turned it down thinking more would crop up and price would drop.....Wrong...

Next one went for double on ebay via Germany and after that didn`t see a copy for 3/4 years till Nev sorted me out a few years back :thumbup: .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!