This Will Be A Monster Oneday

Blake H

I came a across a 45 the other day that I bought on the strength of the dealers recomendation, "one day this will be a monster" "Get this now whilst its cheap"

etc etc.

I wondered if anyone else has bought blind and the record dissapeared without trace?

Oh, the record I bought Jackie Edwards "I must go back" on UK Horse, from John Manship, it was twenty five years ago and it was only £1.25 but I've yet to hear it played out never mind a monster. A fool and his money.....

BH :lol::ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vespastu

I came a across a 45 the other day that I bought on the strength of the dealers recomendation, "one day this will be a monster" "Get this now whilst its cheap"

etc etc.

I wondered if anyone else has bought blind and the record dissapeared without trace?

Oh, the record I bought Jackie Edwards "I must go back" on UK Horse, from John Manship, it was twenty five years ago and it was only £1.25 but I've yet to hear it played out never mind a monster. A fool and his money.....

BH :lol::ohmy:

Depends who tells you it's going to be a monster!! If it's a dealer like in your case i wouldn't. On the other hand if it was a top dj i would. After all it them who have the link with the dancers. Like any sales job they are there to make money :lol: STU

Social source share

Blake, I remember that list but I would say it was more like 30 years ago. I immediately bought a copy :thumbsup: it's funny that people would remember something as unlikely as an old record list but that one had Shane Martin's "One On One" as a future monster as well, and I've never even heard it to this day.

Social source share

Maybe this is a veiled euphemism which really means "play this at your next venue and watch the crowd run away, screaming in fright"?

Social source share

we've done these before, but i love these list euphemisms.

'so right for today'

'fine for djing'

'seen elsewhere for £x'

etc etc

Social source share

'so right for today' - Won't be any good tomorrow, or the day after........

'fine for djing' - Play this battered piece of crap at a top venue and the promoter will fine you £200 for breaking his stylus.

'seen elsewhere for £x' ...two months ago, and they still haven't sold it!

etc etc

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

'so right for today'

'fine for djing'

'seen elsewhere for £x'

etc etc

So right for today/waiting for the right DJ to get behind it/This will be a monster = come on you gullable tight cnuts buy this piece of crap of me, befor i bin it

things like Clara Hardy, and all the rest that have turned up, this is a cracker :lol:

Original stamped, not a reissue = Usually listed about 3 times what its been going on Ebay for, hence telling every one they are all boots.....

So where did this one come from whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!