It sounds a little slow on Johns clip to me,

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

• Replies 353
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co6ODj2JuQI&list=PLywk1D_cHqgwvU7YZJSHYblVkfanqZ5HN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ePUl1RKms

these two do it for me, Harley hatcher certainly one of the strangest instrumentals ever and of course gentleman june gardner

Fantastic Grant, never heard that Gentleman June Gardner before, superb.  Harley Hatcher still sh*te though  :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Love the New Orleans instrumentals like the Gentleman June Gardner, James Rivers on Kon-ti, Gaturs "Yeah You're Right" on Gatur or Electrostats on Three Oaks. As much variety in the instrumental sound as in vocal soul.

Always partial to a touch of soul-jazz too.

Thanks to Dave Thorley for playing this to me a few months ago. A sometime Colin Curtis spin at the Mecca:

Belting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84s7LoOZhnk

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Yep definitely ,got the file you posted up ,"when we could do that kind of thing"  instrumental of  the Beatles - Twist And Shout,you must have it some where  :yes:

Bazza   :hatsoff2:

I found the post, but it's definitely not me who posted it - it's someone who now is no longer a member cos it just says "posted by Guest". Label is Columbia though.

Social source share

I found the post, but it's definitely not me who posted it - it's someone who now is no longer a member cos it just says "posted by Guest". Label is Columbia though.

I could have sworn it was you ,saying you had come across it ,and wondered what folk thought of it ,I must be losing it ,feel positive it was you ,never mind  :lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Bore the life out of me as I can't sing along to them. No soul just a beat. Thankfully I don't hear them out often but am aware they was a major part of the scene back in the day.

Was talking to someone the other day about this and they would love to hear more played at events.

More or less what's your thoughts ?

I totally agree with you Bearsy old bean, bore the living shit out of me

but I have a theory

You and me werent there at the outset and didnt get lost in that moment which spawns fond memories of certain tracks regardless of their sound.

i think instrumentals are completely pointless on the soul scene and yet spent years listening to almost exclusively intrumentals and nothing else on the house and techno scenes and loved them

go figure!

Social source share

You mean you don't like this Bearsy? :ohmy:

As Sean said earlier on the Sax is the voice and this tune sums that quote perfectly, its new to me and I get this one I do honestly I do lol

Been some god damn atrocious tunes posted lol but a few beauties too so for me this thread has been enlightening and educating so keep them coming boys and girls good or not so good :-)

Social source share

Funny thing is I have never heard of so many of these tunes or seen them on playlists etc etc. why are only the same boring few ever played when so many people love them and there is plenty of choice by the looks of this thread.

Social source share

but I have a theory

You and me werent there at the outset and didnt get lost in that moment which spawns fond memories of certain tracks regardless of their sound.

i think instrumentals are completely pointless on the soul scene and yet spent years listening to almost exclusively intrumentals and nothing else on the house and techno scenes and loved them

go figure!

At first thought that sounds like bollox,but on second thought ,you might be right  lol  :yes:

Social source share

but I have a theory

go figure!

The good old house scene :-) some of my mates are still doing it all, got a couple more mate doing the azid Jazz thing too, great days and yep hardly any vocals but banging dance music :-)

I think your right I think we missed the time when we would of got them but I'm enjoying a few that have been posted so not all bad old bean :-)

Social source share

Guest Droylsdonian

If the vocals don't 'say' much, you might as well let a Joanna, sax or somat speak to you.

Nowt to stop you singin along - if it ever had words - either.  Not  to The Third Time Around tho, natch.

Social source share

Fcuk me are them decks safe in your caravan? :wicked:

Peter

PS - the record is a nasty mess, nope it's shite.

:D

Could you hear the generator in the background :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!