Instrumentals

Guest Bearsy

• Replies 353
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hearing that Halloween tune and the harmonica.....made me think of these 'obvious instru's....which went back to me bedroom days....! Mighty Mouse being me favourite piano break of the 3...but all have their merits and have featured in most of ours 'Soul' career...I reckon!!x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD8JfkD9jm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_0YRrV5TeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMe_GG7L6OM

LUV
SOOTY

X

...off to clear the party mess up!!!x

@@
~

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Guest garysoul82

The chaumonts-now you've gone -baysound  . c,up at wigan for pat brady,then a big sound for guy at Stafford.

The stairways - don't you care-Richie.dave Mitchell&the screamers c/up at Morecambe.

Remember an inst called cookin with Nixon but cant remember who by.

Social source share

The chaumonts-now you've gone -baysound  . c,up at wigan for pat brady,then a big sound for guy at Stafford.

The stairways - don't you care-Richie.dave Mitchell&the screamers c/up at Morecambe.

Remember an inst called cookin with Nixon but cant remember who by.

Here you go

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

Yeh this was played by Guy Hennigan at Stafford.The Vocal to it is Called --Fox In A Mini Skirt--Claude & Hank Carbo --Castle.The Vocal is a much better record in my opinion

i must say this is a case of sidras theme for me

i can't decide which i prefer

the vocal is funky, the instrumental is sort of northern, its 2 great 45s

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

From my point of view, its probably different from a northern soul fan

I have loved instrumental music since Mcgriff and Smith

instrumentals are part of my head

i could not imagine soul without the musicians

ray barretto for example

he was  latin percussion

but much soul

i could go on for weeks

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

JUST DUG THIS OUT OF THE BOX

BROTHERS & SISTERS FOR BROTHERS ONLY 

ON MIDAS RECORDS

KEV

Kev

New to me & loved the start but it just never really seems to get going for me?Might be one those that needs a few more plays,it's certainly got something..........but has it got enough I'm not sure yet?Slipped in at the right venue during the right spot & it could be a winner :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Kev

New to me & loved the start but it just never really seems to get going for me?Might be one those that needs a few more plays,it's certainly got something..........but has it got enough I'm not sure yet?Slipped in at the right venue during the right spot & it could be a winner :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Give it a whiz once or twice, came out on Toddlin' Town also.

Like the other side as well-Make Me Sad

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

You won't get much better than this for a hammond instrumental Gareth, in my opinion.  Shades of 'Light my fire' by the Doors me thinks.

Yes - Ive got the lp "keep on dancing" with this on it on original yellow coxsone

Great tunes - His version of "Hang em high" is mental

Social source share

What a great thread this is always had a soft spot for instrumentals since Telstar - Tornadoes, Jet Harris/Shadows ect  ooops wrong thread! :ohmy: then into me soul years at the local club the infamous bowling green hotel in Newark circa 68/69 Al kent - Your gotta pay the price, Cliff Nobles -The Horse, the brilliant Switch it on, can someone put that up please,first time ive heard that for years only searched it out because of this thread + a few ive forgotten about, one that sticks in my mind and to this day takes some beating imho is Earl Van Dykes incredible six by six :yes:  still my favourite instrumental  of all time still pulls me to the dance floor with the same or more emotion inside me as it did in 69/70 even more so now because I know all about the the funk bros because of sitsom dvd.                    Last week at lifeline niter what a brill night that was by the way really liked soul sams prove yourself a lady inst :thumbup: just waiting for a instrumental version of the Nancy Wilcox monster tune to come out :wicked::D  :D  :D                                                                                                                       

Social source share

Sometimes the instrumental is much better than the vocal, as in Double Cooking by the Checkerboard Squares!  The vocal spoils the atmosphere of the production.

Northern Soul relies heavily on production so instrumentals work well, no good if you are a deep soul/modern fan though!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Desert51

I remember falbala played in Cleo's supplied by my mate who purchased it at Samantha's Sheffield ,

Instrumental is mostly for Stomping and most do not stomp no more .

post-30256-0-02966600-1383425136_thumb.j

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!