Northern Soul Sinks Lower

This morning I found that we had sold £14,000 worth of TOP 500 books on EBAY to the house partner of a well known Soul Source member.

The 'purchaser' also left a negative too without even cashing out(how can this be?)

EBAY will be weeding out the offender later today. I will be happy to pass on the the person's name-privately.

Hopefully the offender will read this and de-register from the site and hopefully leave the scene....PERMANENTLY.

Britain is getting weirder by the day.

Social source share

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If I'd just sold £14,000 worth of books I'd be happy.

Can't understand what your problem is, or who its really with?

Col.

Some one buys £14,000 worth of top 500 books, then leaves negative feedback befor even paying for them, very dupious :(

At least if they did buy them they could have a book for every page :D

Edited by Baz
Social source share

If I'd just sold £14,000 worth of books I'd be happy.

Can't understand what your problem is, or who its really with?

Col.

Do you really think he is going to pay £14,000 for the same book? I checked his name and address. He changed his name in order to make the purchase from the one previously used.

Got his address which matches a well known character on the forum.

As soon as BAY have completed investigations, I will know more.

Social source share

That all sounds like very very odd behaviour. :D

I'm baffled by that one! Maybe if it was a Sunday morning and had happened in a rush of post-niter enthusiasm? This has got me scratching my head - Perhaps I have had too much sun on my head - why would anyone choose to do this unless being dangled from a very tall building?

Only on the Soul scene...........

Neil

Social source share

Hopefully the offender will read this and de-register from the site and hopefully leave the scene....PERMANENTLY.

Kev, Mike has made changes to site membership & registration (see thread in site section). This should help resolve the recent anonymity issues.

Social source share

Bit dramatic - how is this an example of 'Northern Soul Sinking Lower'?

How is the entity known as Northern Soul even involved?

Why is a business transaction between two adults worthy of our attention?

Complain to the relevant authorities on E-bay and let's get back to talking about Rare Soul.

Social source share

Complain to the relevant authorities on E-bay and let's get back to talking about Rare Soul.

I think with two Soul Source members and £14,000 involved it will be worthy of the attention of many on here..Some aint got a life :D ...Is it worthy of the site????not sure but the mods will sort it out..

Social source share

Because someone deliberately f*cked up his auction just to cause trouble, just like they have done with mine several times in the past, and it's someone off here who keeps doing it...that's why it's relevant to this site.

Social source share

Because someone deliberately f*cked up his auction just to cause trouble, just like they have done with mine several times in the past, and it's someone off here who keeps doing it...that's why it's relevant to this site.

It seems a very childish thing to do - that's for certain. No-one likes to see their livelihood messed with, but unless the person is going to be named and shamed on this forum why bring it up here?

It's effectively a private matter between two people who just happen to be members of this forum.

Yes, it has entertainment value, but little more. I just found the original post a bit over the top. Northern Soul isn't 'sinking lower' as a result of one person's daft actions against another is it?

Social source share

Perhaps the topic post isnt so appropriate but nevertheless how many top 500 books are in £14,000 ?

The buyer must have repeatedly done the purchases over and over in spight or for a laugh??!!

Just how is the buyer fixed contractualy in law?

What if an action was to be taken would it be an open and shut??

Not wanting to start trouble, just curious?

Social source share

This morning I found that we had sold £14,000 worth of TOP 500 books on EBAY to the house partner of a well known Soul Source member.

The 'purchaser' also left a negative too without even cashing out(how can this be?)

EBAY will be weeding out the offender later today. I will be happy to pass on the the person's name-privately.

Britain is getting weirder by the day.

Don't have much to do with e bay but can you not cancel peoples bids?

I know you have been getting a lot of stick lately Kev, most of which is unjustified but i don't think continually telling people to leave the scene in such an aggressive manner is the way to deal with it. Just my opinion you understand.

Social source share

Yes, it has entertainment value, but little more. I just found the original post a bit over the top. Northern Soul isn't 'sinking lower' as a result of one person's daft actions against another is it?

More to it than that mate. Topic starter had a thread started against him recently, making all kinds of accusations on here. Dunno if it's the same person with the book thing, but latest development warrents comment imo. Dunno that I'd call it entertainment either to be honest.

Social source share

Don't have much to do with e bay but can you not cancel peoples bids?

I know you have been getting a lot of stick lately Kev, most of which is unjustified but i don't think continually telling people to leave the scene in such an aggressive manner is the way to deal with it. Just my opinion you understand.

Let me hopefully now kill off the thread. Thanks for your comments.

The offender is no doubt crapping himself right now wondering 'what's coming next'.

Maybe its a timely reminder to engage brain before acting maliciously.

Social source share

I'm confused! Who's September 1973? Everybody knows apart from me? I'm really sorry somebody's pissed on your Ebay chips, maybe it was a simple keyboard error and they only wanted one..but you never know some people need more copies and need reminding of the top 500 just in case they forget..one in the livng room, one in the car, one in the loo..etc etc .just as a reminder in case they may not remember one of em next time they go to Stoke...... :thumbsup:

Edited by Reg
Social source share

The relevance of this topic is that allegations have been made against a friend of mine, Tony Wilson. Therefore I assume that I am the "well known character" referred to by Mr Roberts.

I have no problem with that and I personally believe the allegations to be untrue but Kev has every right to investigate further to establish the facts.

However, it is particularly unfortunate that these allegations have been made at a time when Millbrand Copyright Management Ltd is engaged in corporate litigation with Goldsoul Ltd. I prefer that details of the litigation should remain private - out of respect to all parties - and the matter should be conducted professionally by Kev and I or our respective lawyers.

I apologise to any soul source members who feel this topic is not relevant to this community but Kev is entitled to freedom of speech - as we all are.

Best regards,

Paul Mooney, Managing Director

Millbrand Copyright Management Limited

www.millbrand.com

Social source share

More to it than that mate. Topic starter had a thread started against him recently, making all kinds of accusations on here. Dunno if it's the same person with the book thing, but latest development warrents comment imo. Dunno that I'd call it entertainment either to be honest.

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde.

It would seem that the starter of this topic is equally adept at subverting this forum to his own ends as his detractors are.

Or am I being overly cynical?

Edited by sweeney
Social source share

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde.

It would seem that the starter of this topic is equally adept at subverting this forum to his own ends as his detractors are.

I dunno. But that's a pretty good post. :thumbsup:

Ask yourself this; If we had as much at stake as Kev (and bearing in mind also last week's scathing thread). Wouldn't we want to set the record straight and highlight any underhand dealings as they unfolded. They're wronging him this week, next week it could be us! :yes:

Social source share

I dunno. But that's a pretty good post. :thumbsup:

Ask yourself this; If we had as much at stake as Kev (and bearing in mind also last week's scathing thread). Wouldn't we want to set the record straight and highlight any underhand dealings as they unfolded. They're wronging him this week, next week it could be us! :yes:

I'm put in mind of John Manship's replies to the person that was questioning the integrity of his Online Auctions. He took the time to explain how they worked, why they were set up to ensure that their integrity was beyond reproach - all in a calm and reasoned way. No telling people to "leave the scene/this forum - NOW" no using the forum as a personal soapbox, no pointless histrionics.

I do agree re. the forums. It's pretty disgraceful that people can come on here to spread rubbish about others. But that's why we have moderators. On other (non-soul) forums I belong to such behaviour wouldn't be tolerated and these posts would be removed instantly and those who make them banned or asked to justify themselves.

I'm glad to see Mike is putting steps in place to ensure thing like this are going to come to an end. It gets very boring when there's more scene politics than scene to talk about.

Social source share

I'm put in mind of John Manship's replies to the person that was questioning the integrity of his Online Auctions. He took the time to explain how they worked, why they were set up to ensure that their integrity was beyond reproach - all in a calm and reasoned way. No telling people to "leave the scene/this forum - NOW" no using the forum as a personal soapbox, no pointless histrionics.

I do agree re. the forums. It's pretty disgraceful that people can come on here to spread rubbish about others. But that's why we have moderators. On other (non-soul) forums I belong to such behaviour wouldn't be tolerated and these posts would be removed instantly and those who make them banned or asked to justify themselves.

I'm glad to see Mike is putting steps in place to ensure thing like this are going to come to an end. It gets very boring when there's more scene politics than scene to talk about.

Erm yeah. Pretty much agree with that Sweeney. Golly you're hot today. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

what the person does (possible more then once) or has done in this case is bad. I am up for anyone to name and shame people on here if you helps you to go on ebay and tarde fairly. I would even trade with you lot over the soul site if you had anything i wanted. Already a list of songs i want on vinyl for dad's collection.

Social source share

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing

I thought that was more a description of a philistine? i.e. 'whose interests are in material things and whose ideas are ordinary'

Margaret Thatcher always struck me that way and is one of the reasons I am a cynic!

Mike

Social source share

I agree with this response entirely. This is nothing to do with Rare Soul even if it does have something to do with characters on the Northern Soul scene. Although it might have some minor vicarious entertainment value I suppose for the feeble minded with malicious tendencies, I still would have thought Freebasing to be a more appropriate forum.

Social source share

I agree with this response entirely. This is nothing to do with Rare Soul even if it does have something to do with characters on the Northern Soul scene. Although it might have some minor vicarious entertainment value I suppose for the feeble minded with malicious tendencies, I still would have thought Freebasing to be a more appropriate forum.

Though i don't condone the actions that the thread is about, i have to agree with both these posts. It's not a "Northern Soul" problem it's just a spat between two parties end of story.

This sort of thing happens quite regularly on Ebay & is usually attributed to thier crazy feedback system. A mate of mine dared to put some necative feedback up once, over some cd's that were copies, twelve months down the line, unable to get to an Oasis concert for which he had bought 4 tickets, he put them on Ebay. Low & behold someone from the same area as the person that he gave negative feedback (with a member name that disapeared as quick as it came) bid & won them & never paid ! As it was a short time before the concert he never got to re-sell them & lost a fair bit of money ! But he did not imediatly go & log on to the Oasis website & complain that Oasis were making rock concerts sink lower & lower !

Back to the problem of people mud slinging at "Celebs" on here, unfortunatley that is something, again, that happens in British life, if you reach the top at anything you then have to get knocked off ! The only way to beat it is to rise above it & not comment back, something i know i would find impossible, but it is the only way to beat it .

Another point, again unfortunatley in this world, people seldom reach the top by being nice & whiter than white, so you may find sometimes allagations do have some foundations even though hard proof cannot always be produced & a forum can at least put people on guard to certain actions, so i think it is wrong to just wipe everything just because it is directed at a "Celeb"

My solution would be to make another room on the forum, maybe a "Splat a Celeb" room or the " Knock Ten Barrells Of Shit Out Of Each Other" room with an enter & post anything at your own risk warning (not sure how this stands up legally, anyone?) & just re-direct everything of that nature into it. That way the Accusers, the Celebs & thier friends & anyone who wants to get involved can just get on with it without dragging everyone else into it, & it would be less hassle for the moderators. I think you would find that faceless accusers would soon get bored with having little or no reaction anyway !

Edited by B-side-B
Social source share

I doubt if anyone on here considers themselves a celebrity!

What we need in this world are more celebrities! There are kids in my neighbourhood who are suddenly celebrities because they have an ASBO.

:yes:

Paul Mooney

Social source share

What we need in this world are more celebrities! There are kids in my neighbourhood who are suddenly celebrities because they have an ASBO.

Paul Mooney

You can just see it in 20 odd years time, www. ASBO's & Community Service Re-United . com

Social source share

Paul Mooney

What the world needs now - is love sweet love - it's the only thing that there's just too little of.

Preserve us from celebrities!

Social source share

I doubt if anyone on here considers themselves a celebrity!

apart from me and my mate :rolleyes:

i must be as i am censord every time i make a posting , ranting_1.gif

top that or should that be take that

Social source share

WHAT ABOUT A CELEBRITY SOUL GOLF TOURNAMENT ? EVERYONE CAN IRON OUT THEIR DIFFERENCES whistling.gif

:lol::D That would be a much better name for the seperate room for arguments that i was talking about.

Edited by B-side-B
Social source share

For heavens sake, the starter of the thread knows who has ripped them off and shown disrespect. Why dont you go and sort them out instead of looking for sympathy.

Its about time people started to learn the hard way that 'action speaks louder than words'.

This could be called 'EBAY RAGE'

Sort it yung un!!!!!!!!!!!!! whistling.gif

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!