Have We Got A New Middleton?

ImberBoy

Have we got a new Middleton?

What do I want from a Northernsoul Venue? I suppose Andy kershaw's quote in the early eighties "We're not here to give the public what it wants. We're here to give the public what it didn't know it wanted." is the ethos I want the promoter and the DJ's to have, thankfully I can find this at many Allnighters and the thrill of hearing something new or dusted off keeps me out there searching for sweet soul music. On Saturday Night at Lifeline Real Deal Rare Soul Allnighter At The Brookfields Club (The Stables), Cannock Road, Shareshill, Wolverhampton, I was absaloutley impressed with the complete package given at Lifeline on Saturday Night, the music was danceable and the rule book was completely shredded!!!!! For me it was a delicious joy and I left with my batteries recharged and I am as excited about returning to this venue as I once was for Middleton! The Northernsoul Scene needs, no deserves another venue that is not a dreary pastiche of what the media believes that we are about, thank you sincerely to all involved in this, daring to do what we once where all about is a brave thing especially as there is a financial consideration but thank god we still have a Great British Allnighter with people determined not to sell out!

Middleton was a beacon of light shining like a diamond in a bucket of shat, I do not wish to completely compare Lifeline to Middleton as it has its own character and personality, I am saying that I felt a new vibrant spirit that I welcome.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Glad you had a ball, but I think Lifeline and Middleton started at the same time and there's a very good reason Lifeline is still around.

So it's not the new Middleton it is what it's always been: Lifeline.

Social source share

The comments are very much appreciated and we are happy everyone enjoyed themselves.

Lifeline started almost 10 years ago at Sheridans, the same place Soultown started life before Middleton came along and we did offer something a little different and both clubs were a success.  Lifeline DJ's were involved with helping make Middleton a success too.  

Anyway, if you want more of what you heard and danced to on Saturday our next outing is February (we only do 5 nights per year) and we will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary.  Hope you can all make it!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

What is good about great venues is that they have their own identity. I never went to Middleton so can’t comment on any comparisons with Life-line, but I’m thinking the main comparison you are making is the excitement of it, inspired by what was a fantastic All-nighter Sat night - Great stuff :wink:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

P.s - Never forgetting The 100 Club ‘chugs away’ as strongly as ever.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!