dthedrug

Soul Source Record Club. Forever Autum, Some Say The Fall 2013

:hatsoff2:HI ALL..."NOTHING SUCEEDS LIKE A PARROT WITH NO TEETH" HOWEVER! SSRC COMES CLOSE :g:

Thanks' to all of the soulsters who have posted over the last 4 months, many of them were new to me, however you look at the mixture of soul artists the old saying "as deep as you like and then some" is very apt, I'm certain that through your contributions to the record club, you have reached all members of Soul Source, and many more who have yet to join

The record club is here for all members who want to share their fave play of the day, a hard choice for some, as we are aware of the high standards of quality records that are on the site, it does not matter if it's a oldie or a new discovery modern soul crossover or northern soul it's your pick, I should include classic soul,

as I still rate Billy Pauls "me & Mrs Jones" as one of my all time favourite 45s,

To start the new thread I have picked a record that only get's played once a year. & once again I must state I was introduced to this one by top collector of soul Mick Smith, and he played it one Thursday night in Bedford, Ok it's 6ts pop with a touch of Phil Spector thrown in, Ted Cassidy "the LURCH"

it was this or Johnny Sayles? so KEEP ON KEEPING ON.. DAVE K

,http://youtu.be/CfaRI4aFAVM

New tune for a new thread.Just won this on e-bay,might not be to every bodies taste but I love it.Big in the R n B rooms over the past few years & specially with the young un's............like me :wicked:

Anna Belle Caesar - Little Annie Glad Hamp

New tune for a new thread.Just won this on e-bay,might not be to every bodies taste but I love it.Big in the R n B rooms over the past few years & specially with the young un's............like me :wicked:

Anna Belle Caesar - Little Annie Glad Hamp

Not to my taste I'm afraid, very little to do with "Northern" soul IMOP.

I really respect your taste Mart, so sorry to have to say so.

Good luck to the young uns though who like it tho.

Though I think Joules Holland OBE might approve.

Having got up out of the wrong side of bed, the Barbara Cooper gets the thumbs down from me too.

Must have a lie in tomorrow , see if it does me any good.

Just managed to pick a copy of this from a fellow soul sourse member.

Irene and the Scotts - I'm stuck on my baby.

Mark

Great tune & eventually having it's day........'bout time :thumbsup:

Turn it over to find a Wigan oldie......"Why Do You Treat Me Like You Do"

Cheers

Martyn

Just got one of these yesterday at Swift Towers for a £10 of SS 

THE RADIANTS - BABY YOU GOT IT - CHESS

Proper Norvern !!!

Love the Video , dont think the Trousers were made to measure though  :lol:

Swifty :thumbsup:

Been playing this again recently........

Haydn

Loved this since the first time I heard it back in the 70t's,should have picked one up when they were dirt cheap but now won't pay the daft price they go for .......one day :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Not to my taste I'm afraid, very little to do with "Northern" soul IMOP.

I really respect your taste Mart, so sorry to have to say so.

Good luck to the young uns though who like it tho.

Though I think Joules Holland OBE might approve.

Having got up out of the wrong side of bed, the Barbara Cooper gets the thumbs down from me too.

Must have a lie in tomorrow , see if it does me any good.

Mick

No apologies needed matey..........I'll just be sending the boys round to put your windows in  :lol: 

I think it's healthy that people don't like things,if we all liked the same stuff it'd be line-dancing.As you know some of the more up-front modern stuff isn't for me & I make no apologies about that.

Where I would take issue with you is...........very little to do with "Northern" soul IMOP

If you can define "Northern" to me you're a better man then I..........it's individual to each person & encompasses a rather wide spectrum of sounds,so I don't agree with your rather bold statement.........but you knew that didn't you :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Have a sleep in tomorrow :P

Haydn

Loved this since the first time I heard it back in the 70t's,should have picked one up when they were dirt cheap but now won't pay the daft price they go for .......one day :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

I don't think they are that dear fella, should be able to pick it up around 30-40, am sure of it  :yes:

I don't think they are that dear fella, should be able to pick it up around 30-40, am sure of it  :yes:

Haydn

Not seen one for awhile but last one I saw was quite a bit more then that......£90........which is far more than when I remember it for about a tenner :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Haydn

Not seen one for awhile but last one I saw was quite a bit more then that......£90........which is far more than when I remember it for about a tenner :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Its on a cheap reissue too Martyn - think one side is the original and the other a remix. Not sure if it's legit or not.

Peter

Mick

No apologies needed matey..........I'll just be sending the boys round to put your windows in  :lol: 

I think it's healthy that people don't like things,if we all liked the same stuff it'd be line-dancing.As you know some of the more up-front modern stuff isn't for me & I make no apologies about that.

Where I would take issue with you is...........very little to do with "Northern" soul IMOP

If you can define "Northern" to me you're a better man then I..........it's individual to each person & encompasses a rather wide spectrum of sounds,so I don't agree with your rather bold statement.........but you knew that didn't you :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Have a sleep in tomorrow :P

The brackets defining this scene have definitely shifted since 1979.

The scope of the "soul" music played now probably runs right from when I was born to the present day.

Sadly I admit to be out of the loop with the "nighters" as I can't stick the pace,

although I do harbour affection for the odd Glen Miller tune ( not the Reggae artist).

Just realised that I'll be up at 4.45 tomorrow, to get the papers out.

So better watch out Thursday afternoon.

A nice mid tempo cross over tune will probably do the trick.

Look forward to that!

Mick

Edited by Mick Sway

The brackets defining this scene have definitely shifted since 1979.

The scope of the "soul" music played now probably runs right from when I was born to the present day.

Sadly I admit to be out of the loop with the "nighters" as I can't stick the pace,

although I do harbour affection for the odd Glen Miller tune ( not the Reggae artist).

Just realised that I'll be up at 4.45 tomorrow, to get the papers out.

So better watch out Thursday afternoon.

A nice mid tempo cross over tune will probably do the trick.

Look forward to that!

Mick

Mick

See that's were you're going wrong..........you should just be coming in at 4.45  :wicked: 

Cheers

Martyn

OOer Misses, that one was a bit too ahead for its time, the whole record including label, screams that he kicks with the other foot  :(

Bugger me - I had no idea, pmsl.

That one's going in the attic (or should I say closet !)

Bugger me - I had no idea, pmsl.

That one's going in the attic (or should I say closet !)

Am sure it was actually played at the Mecca, there would have been at least one dj behind it, or in front......er :huh:    this could go on and on Matron! :huh:  :lol:  :thumbup:

Talking of the Mecca..... just back from a couple of days in Blackpool with the family, which reminded me that I bough this there a long time ago.... great piece of latin for you all...

Willie Baby - Hot Buns - Ding Dong

Also reminded me that I was over 20 years younger last time I went on the 'Pepsi Max Big One' .....      :(

Edited by MrC

Just bought a copy of Seven Day Fool described as Ex-, guess who the fool was?

Along with came a perfectly described copy of this:

Kevin Drinkard "I want to thank You" (B/W with "world" , which is also no bad if you like it funky).

Mick

Is that Seven Day Fool-Etta James you're on about?That R n B classic Seven Day Fool  :wicked: 

Mr Drinkard is new to me & a nice little groover :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

My Pick of the day & it's a corker of a toooooooooooooooooooooooooon imo 

Clea Bradford - My Love's A Monster-Cadet

Not the same as Johnny Sayles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usual ask can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

:rofl: side is good too Summertime - Latin style Soul  :shhh:

Edited by Kev John

My Pick of the day & it's a corker of a toooooooooooooooooooooooooon imo 

Clea Bradford - My Love's A Monster-Cadet

Not the same as Johnny Sayles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usual ask can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

:rofl: side is good too Summertime - Latin style Soul  :shhh:

Kev

New to me but hit the spot straight away :thumbsup:

T'other side good too................

Cheers

Martyn

Just got this for the price of a couple of packets of Ciggies 

THE FESTIVALS - YOU GOT THE MAKINGS OF A LOVER - SMASH

Lovin' it  :yes:  :wink:

Yep this is nice Swifty - new to me.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Loved this for years Swifty, there stuff on Colossus is great aswell

Kev

Swifty

Turn it over to find an old Mecca play..........High,Wide & Handsome..........think you'll be quite surprised?

Both sides are great if very different.

Cheers

Martyn