Just Looking For My Love-Four Wonders 45

Hammersoul

Just picked up an issue and my copy plays off centre on the just looking side :dash2:  but the b-side Haven`t we been good for each other plays fine. Just played the demo copy which i`ve had for years and the Stereo side plays perfect but mono plays off centre. Are all the copies the same? :g:

It`s driving me bonkers of late all this hassle collecting,think it`s time for a break :facepalm: .

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Same here, my issue copy is okay on both sides, as is the stereo/mono promo.

Like a lot of people, I bought the promo in the mid 1970s and didn't get to hear the wonderful flip side for a long time.

Social source share

I could never understand why 'Just Looking For My Love' wasn't better known on the soul scene.

I plugged it in Black Echoes back in 1977 and remember looking out for the "forthcoming album" which didn't exist.

Floyd Fleshman worked on those sessions with John Brinson and Eddie McGhee and he told me they'd cut other tracks at the time.  
One of the unissued tracks was 'I Can't Get Over You', the Brinson/McGhee/Fleshman song which was, of course, recorded by The Dramatics in 1976 on the Joy Ride album.

I'd raved about The Dramatics version in Black Echoes when it was a new 45.  It's hard to imagine anyone doing a better job than L.J. Reynolds but I'd still love to hear it by The Four Wonders.

Paul

Social source share

I could never understand why 'Just Looking For My Love' wasn't better known on the soul scene.

I plugged it in Black Echoes back in 1977 and remember looking out for the "forthcoming album" which didn't exist.

Floyd Fleshman worked on those sessions with John Brinson and Eddie McGhee and he told me they'd cut other tracks at the time.  One of the unissued tracks was 'I Can't Get Over You', the Brinson/McGhee/Fleshman song which was, of course, recorded by The Dramatics in 1976 on the Joy Ride album.

I'd raved about The Dramatics version in Black Echoes when it was a new 45.  It's hard to imagine anyone doing a better job than L.J. Reynolds but I'd still love to hear it by The Four Wonders.

Paul

So Paul there`s still a unissued acetate tucked away somewhere  :g: . Would love to hear what else they recorded cos both tracks on the 45 are class  :thumbup: .

I agree it would be hard to `better` the Dramatics version.Have to say the joy ride lp is another one every home should have  :shhh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!