Christmas Is Coming

Cunnie

OK I know it's still October but I'm sure there will be plenty of partners & loved one's out there already racking their brains trying to find you something for Christmas that is somehow Soul related so I thought I'd start a thread to guide them in the right direction.

Sure that a few things on here will be a bit more welcome than the usual socks & slippers.

First thing that caught my eye was the Richard Searling compiled Motown 7" boxset that can be viewed on the link below. Some very nice tracks in it on 7" vinyl for the first time like the Spinners - What More Could A Boy Ask For.

https://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/soul+r+b/various-artists-the-motown-7s-box/invt/0600753454251

Now feel free to post some sensible suggestions & get yourself something you really want from Santa for a change.

Good shout on this one Cunnie. Some great tunes, a collectors item and great value for money.

ROY

Social source share

Cough cough cough - hint hint hint ...The Coalitions "Colour me Blue" album "

Vinyl and or CD...

"Just in case i end up wearing ma first copy out "

Now who said that Santa ain't cool or funky dude ???

tfk :rofl:

post-3067-0-45460000-1383211674_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

I always liked to receive Record Tokens but I've not had any for a while. Are they still available anywhere like Woolworths, Our Price, Tower or HMV?

John Manship sells record tokens, i keep dropping hints but still never get any.

Social source share

Be careful what you ask for though, Di Crosby asked Harry what he wanted last year and he replied 'The Magnetics!'.... opened this on Christmas Day....

replacement_caution.jpg

Social source share

OK I know it's still October but I'm sure there will be plenty of partners & loved one's out there already racking their brains trying to find you something for Christmas that is somehow Soul related so I thought I'd start a thread to guide them in the right direction.

Sure that a few things on here will be a bit more welcome than the usual socks & slippers.

First thing that caught my eye was the Richard Searling compiled Motown 7" boxset that can be viewed on the link below. Some very nice tracks in it on 7" vinyl for the first time like the Spinners - What More Could A Boy Ask For.

https://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/soul+r+b/various-artists-the-motown-7s-box/invt/0600753454251

Now feel free to post some sensible suggestions & get yourself something you really want from Santa for a change.

looks great -and first legit 7"release of 'stormy'? Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Any info on what the labels look like for these 45s in the box set ?
Social source share

You won't be disappointed. I'm listening to the third CD as I type. The man was an all time great. Some of the songs are really sad, especially when you consider his early death. The unreleased stuff is fascinating. Memory of our Love has got to be the best previously unreleased song of the year.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!