Help Wanted

Guest northernsoul62

Guest northernsoul62

been trying to find value of Big Dee Irwin-you satisfy my needs-rotate can only find on stardust310 and stateside £300 also bill harris am i hot,am i cold on rca demo hope someone can help

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2:Hi All ...Pete you are not alone by never having a $tateside demo copy, I can't remember seeing a copy for sale in many a year, this got me thinking about the top records on the label and their value in 2013, you have a finger on the pulse on the market? any chance of doing a update on say the top 20 rare $tateside records Demos & issues??? :g:DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All ...Pete you are not alone by never having a $tateside demo copy, I can't remember seeing a copy for sale in many a year, this got me thinking about the top records on the label and their value in 2013, you have a finger on the pulse on the market? any chance of doing a update on say the top 20 rare $tateside records Demos & issues??? :g:DAVE K

I couldn't do it Dave, thats because I think a lot of sellers just stick ludicrous prices on and hope some mug will take the bait.  I still maintain that a lot of the issues are rarer than the demos - I had a Sharon Soul issue and haven't seen another one in 20 years, Hoagy Lands issue, only ever seen two, and so on.

Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All .... Most of us would agree with Petes response to my question, and when trying to put a value on rare UK 45s has always been a mystery.  my way is based on time spent on the scene looking for rare records, initially from junk shops second hand shops, old record shops that used to sell TVs washing machines like the old CURRYS & CO OPs, at venues, lists, and so on. I have not put car boot sales in, as I have had good finds, many people who saw me at a boot sale would give up looking, as they assumed I had mopped up, record fairs are a good guide to price up records, again with all these, they don't have the bargains that they used to have pre- RECORD COLLECTOR & eBay. as since then bargains are few and far.  

However my pet hate is the words MINT as how many people have 1000 mint records in their collections? none so why is it used as a valuation in price guides? anyone?

But going back I will take a look at my records and attempt to list a few top tunes, but I can already state they will be many of the ones that we classed as rare 25 years ago, :thumbsup:LATERS DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!