• Replies 64
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest trickbag

well i never, Jackie lost his voice and so have the girls, 

the castanets funny enough they've lost their sharpness, 

the drummer has lost his snare and bass. 

,the strings well they needed restrung, and guess what  

some clown walked in pissed, fell on the arranger hence 

the skip@1.36 then guess what, it got worse the repeat  

slider got stuck for 39 seconds, so i think they should  

start again,NOW, wheres that paded room again. 

cos im having a dark day.

ricky.

Social source share

A remix of Jackie Lee - Darkest Days, he's thumped the drums up high and then extended it by chopping up bits and pieces of it and pasting them on the end. A kind of Jive Bunny for 2013.

Cheers Pete - won't bother listening to it when I get home then!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Particularly liked the "Remixer's" response to an admirer on You Tube....."Glad you liked it, I try to keep these remixes subtle and as close to the original as possible." 

https://youtu.be/4XmbWUd4ifA

So, it's 'I've created a brand new sound but kept my interference to a minimum so as not to completely bugger up the original.' Since no part of that statement is accurate, I think we can safely dismiss this whole charade.

Social source share

I cant see/hear any of them (at work) - but..... what does it matter? They're obviously not aimed at the sort of people who use this site, and aren't likely to be played anywhere most people on here would go.

Threads like this make people look even more like the chinstrokers they're often seen as by people on the edges of the scene/soul night handbaggers.

You're not going to have to listen to it, and have obviously already given much more time than it deserves! There's not one thread on here about the Gaye family taking Pharrell/Thicke to court over 'Blurred Lines' ripping off Marvin Gayes 'Got To Give It Up' - even though the record companies involved, and a top musicologist have said no foul. Surely something like this is more deserving of Soul-Source space than a shoddy remix of northern oldies that aren't likely to get played on the radio or anywhere else for that matter.

Oh yeah... I think 'Blurred Lines' is a blatant rip off/remix of 'got to give it up' and used to refer to it as just that before i ever knew what it was called!

INCOMING................................................ 

Social source share

I cant see/hear any of them (at work) - but..... what does it matter? They're obviously not aimed at the sort of people who use this site, and aren't likely to be played anywhere most people on here would go.

Threads like this make people look even more like the chinstrokers they're often seen as by people on the edges of the scene/soul night handbaggers.

You're not going to have to listen to it, and have obviously already given much more time than it deserves! There's not one thread on here about the Gaye family taking Pharrell/Thicke to court over 'Blurred Lines' ripping off Marvin Gayes 'Got To Give It Up' - even though the record companies involved, and a top musicologist have said no foul. Surely something like this is more deserving of Soul-Source space than a shoddy remix of northern oldies that aren't likely to get played on the radio or anywhere else for that matter.

Oh yeah... I think 'Blurred Lines' is a blatant rip off/remix of 'got to give it up' and used to refer to it as just that before i ever knew what it was called!

INCOMING................................................ 

Yeah there is a mention of it from a few weeks back.

Social source share

Is this the record that sounds exactly the same as Got To Give It Up that they play on the radio at the moment?

Yes it is, and It was number 1 Pete!

Social source share

Blurred Lines Vs Got To Give It Up

Sony/ATV Music Publishing, which owns EMI, said it took its role of protecting its songwriters' works from infringement "very seriously".

"While we have not yet seen the claims by the Gaye family against EMI, we have repeatedly advised the Gaye family's attorney that the two songs in question have been evaluated by a leading musicologist who concluded that Blurred Lines does not infringe Got To Give It Up," the company said.

Williams/Thicke  insisted there were no similarities between the two songs "other than commonplace musical elements".

The Gaye family also said Thicke's 2011 song Love After War amounted to "unlawful copying" of Gaye's 1976 track After The Dance War.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

just does not need touching -messing around with   please leave alone :yes:

Oh my God. At 2.18 onwards I completely lost the will to live. :(

Social source share

If anyone is thinking of clicking on his YouTube user name and checking out what others he`s damaged......DONT!!!

I did and I still feel violated! :rofl:  :dash2:  :facepalm:  :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!