Articles: Soul Legend Bunny Sigler En Route to Manchester Allnighter 30th Nov 2013

Hi Dave,

C/O "Sure Didn't Take Long" and "I Only Get This Feeling" both tracks played out by me.

Accrington Legion etc in the early 70s.

I don't recall ever hearing them any of them at the big venues bitd.

Both great records imho.

Take care, will see you at Radders.

Dave.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Fantastic article Dave! Copies of "Sure didn't take long" were around aplenty in the early 70's, mine cost the mighty sum of 10 pence in that big haul that Tesco's had on sale at the time!

Yeah, both records very common back than, but it  pay 10p for a record (or 5p) back than wasn't nothing out of the ordinary.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Dave,

C/O "Sure Didn't Take Long" and "I Only Get This Feeling" both tracks played out by me.

Accrington Legion etc in the early 70s.

I don't recall ever hearing them any of them at the big venues bitd.

Both great records imho.

Take care, will see you at Radders.

Dave.

Where do the lonely go / I only get this feeling :hatsoff2: fantastic double header on Neptune nice one

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Saw Bunny Sigler perform a few years back at an early Luxury Soul Weekender - he was in fine form and humorous character . 

When performing his rehearsal Friday went in to listen with a few Bunny Sigler 45's for him to sign.

Striking up conversation he mentioned he toured the UK at the height of the disco Scene with The Trammps .

When it came to signing a demo of ' Sunny Sunday ' he insisted it was not his recording.

After a five minute discussion on his recordings and constantly saying' nope I did not record that ' he broke into song singing the lyrics with a massive smile on his face . A genuine , and humble musician - now's there's a rarity in today's celebrity driven world.

Great singer , performer , and all round true gent.

Oh , and yes he signed the Parkway demo of ' Sunny Sunday ' eventually .... :yes:  :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Spoke to 'Mr Emotion' this evening.  He's in fine form and he and Martha are both really looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone at Radcliffe. He'd just got back from singing 'Othello' at the opening of a swish new Italian Restaurant in Philly. From Opera to RnB, it's all in his repertoire!   

Two weeks to go! 

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What a brilliant article well done....

It's going to be a great night.

Top class artist and lifeline Djs  also.

The big tune back in 67 was the UK released Let The Good Times Roll absolutely blew the allniter crowd away.

By 69  The Wheel had  Girl Don't Make Me Wait in 70 we were playing Follow Your Heart.Both these top high quality tracks never had the same effect on the dance floor but went down OK without blowing the niter  crowd away.           

The neptune release of Great Big Liar is for my money his most underrated track and ripe for today.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi everyone oh its Marcelle not Chris lol .....

Just to let you know Tickets for Bunny Sigler are ALL GONE sorry if you have not got your tickets please can I remind everyone DO NOT turn up on the night as you will not get in ....

now all we have to do is show Bunny what the UK Soul Scene is all about ......

See you there xx

Social source share

Hi everyone oh its Marcelle not Chris lol .....

Just to let you know Tickets for Bunny Sigler are ALL GONE sorry if you have not got your tickets please can I remind everyone DO NOT turn up on the night as you will not get in ....

now all we have to do is show Bunny what the UK Soul Scene is all about ......

See you there xx

What a fantastic result Marcelle!!!

This will be the second Live Artist event I've attended in November where it's been a complete sell out!! The public getting behind the artists that brought us the wonderful music, tremendous!

Look forward to hearing Bunny & helping you celebrate your 10th Anniversary

All the best

Ali xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Final rehearsals now underway in Manchester. Band worked really hard in the lead up time....and it shows. The New Century Soul Anniversary event will recreate the magic of Leon Huff, John Madara, David White, Jimmy Wisner, Joe Renzetti and Len Barry! One more session to complete and it'll all be in place for Saturday night. 

Can't wait.   

See you there.

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!