Intruders... Are Together Lp - Great

just picked up the intruders lp on gamble last week, what a great mix of tunes, i really love it. i got it for 7 euros in a small town record shop, and it even is autographed by sam "little sonny" brown on the back. cover is a little worn and the vinyl is pretty scratched, but it´s the mono issue and still playes much better than it looks. i keep spinning it, i really like their early stuff, awesome group soul!

does someone have other track recommendations of their older stuff that are not on the lp?

how many lps did they release in the 60s?

thx for info :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

just picked up the intruders lp on gamble last week, what a great mix of tunes, i really love it. i got it for 7 euros in a small town record shop, and it even is autographed by sam "little sonny" brown on the back. cover is a little worn and the vinyl is pretty scratched, but it´s the mono issue and still playes much better than it looks. i keep spinning it, i really like their early stuff, awesome group soul!

does someone have other track recommendations of their older stuff that are not on the lp?

how many lps did they release in the 60s?

thx for info :yes:

Just this one - all their other albums are 70s (but they're all brilliant, anyway!)

The Intruders are one of my favourite groups - I don't have that album so i don't know whether or not I'm about to recommend you tracks you already have - but I do have each and every one of their Gamble singles and I urge you to check out "I'm Girl Scoutin'" (my favourite), Each Day Is A Holiday", "Love Is Like A Baseball Game", "Best Years Of My Life", "This Is My Love Song", "Hang On In There" - actually, you should check out pretty much anything they did, really, even the tracks with dumb titles like "Who's Your Favorite Candidate" and "Me Tarzan - You Jane" are fab!

TONE :yes:

Social source share

thanks for the link catriona :yes:

according to soulwalking there was another lp "cowboys to girls" in 1968, does anybody own and like that one?

here´s the tracklisting of my ...are together LP:

A:

1. together

2. a devil with an angel´s smile

3. check yourself*

4. a love that´s real*

5. it must be love*

6. baby i´m so lonely

B:

1. united

2. gonna be strong

3. but you belong to me*

4. good for my girl

5. a book for the brokenhearted

6. up and down the ladder*

i marked the more uptempo numbers, mut the slower ones are really nice, too.

i´ll check out your recommendations tony,

thx,

grooveop

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

thanks for the link catriona :yes:

according to soulwalking there was another lp "cowboys to girls" in 1968, does anybody own and like that one?

here´s the tracklisting of my ...are together LP:

A:

1. together

2. a devil with an angel´s smile

3. check yourself*

4. a love that´s real*

5. it must be love*

6. baby i´m so lonely

B:

1. united

2. gonna be strong

3. but you belong to me*

4. good for my girl

5. a book for the brokenhearted

6. up and down the ladder*

i marked the more uptempo numbers, mut the slower ones are really nice, too.

i´ll check out your recommendations tony,

thx,

grooveop

You're quite right, there are three pre-PIR era Gamble albums in total - I don't know why I lumped the "Cowboys..." album in with the 70, but I did. The third one "When We Get Married" is definitely 70s, though.

Love "Slow Drag" (which is actually midtempo), too, BTW - dunno how I missed that off my original list!

TONE :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!