Arin Demain - Silent Treatment

macca

Guest gordon russell

is,nt  Arin Demain   really  Karl Gilbert....who did a version of    wee  oo  let it be you......might be wrong

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I thought Arin Demain was Ernie Lucas!!!

Yeh  you're right trev....Karl evans  was who l mean,t....not karl gilbert.....this red wines loovly

Social source share

Tangent...I recall a WD copy being sold by someone in London many, many years ago...wish I had taken a picture...if only we had smart phones back then!

Add that to the regular blue promo and the 'star-design' blue promo...but were there ever stock copies on any design?

Great track regardless of the label design!

:g:

Social source share

• 2 years later...
On 11/3/2013 at 03:51, Flynny said:

Tangent...I recall a WD copy being sold by someone in London many, many years ago...wish I had taken a picture...if only we had smart phones back then!

Add that to the regular blue promo and the 'star-design' blue promo...but were there ever stock copies on any design?

Great track regardless of the label design!

:g:

Another Nev Wherry play, along with Sam and Richard, i seem to recall, i think Johnny Manship may have the truth on origin on this one (he's getting bit old now), Sorry John!

Come on John, give us the  load  down on this disc, i know it came from you. Nev told me.

Bless.

Andy K

Edited by Tai-Pan
Social source share

3 hours ago, Paul Royle said:

First copy discovered in Pittsburgh 1978 by JM. was his last record to many sets at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens. Taking over from "Paris Blues" as his last record.

That's my recollection as well .... first spun by JM as Lenny Curtis - Not Another Day ... I might even have a cassette tape in the garage of the Cleethorpes spot where it got its first play

Apparently the song was recorded at the infamous Gold Star studio in L.A.

Andy

Edited by Andy Rix
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!