Jump to content
  • Sign Up
ljblanken

Australian Movie Called "the Sapphires"

Recommended Posts

has anyone seen this film? about a group of aboriginal girls in the 1960s who want to form a singing group to perform for US troops in Vietnam?

 

it is pretty entertaining. 

 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1673697/?ref_=nv_sr_1

 

best line?

 

"90% of all recorded music is shite...the other 10% is soul"

Haven't seen the film, but I agree about the best line!!! Brilliant !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's supposed to be a true story.

They ain't the Sapphires who were on 'Swan' and HMV over here though are they?

no, not those sapphires.

 

i am leaving for Afghanistan tomorrow - hope they have groups like this over there. would make the trip much more enjoyable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.