The 444 Label ?

Chris L

I have one of the blank labels at home that DG gave us (sure other people have them too) - red and brown with the 444 design and 20s looking graphics around the top.

According to the story DG told us, the reason it didn't happen was that he and David Nathan had more or less agreed funding with an American businessman in New York. They were having a final sit down when DN popped out of the room, the guy turned to Dave and said 'you don't want to be involved with that Yid do you?' at which DG stood up, gave him a mouthful and walked out - end of funding, end of label.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I have one of the blank labels at home that DG gave us (sure other people have them too) - red and brown with the 444 design and 20s looking graphics around the top.

According to the story DG told us, the reason it didn't happen was that he and David Nathan had more or less agreed funding with an American businessman in New York. They were having a final sit down when DN popped out of the room, the guy turned to Dave and said 'you don't want to be involved with that Yid do you?' at which DG stood up, gave him a mouthful and walked out - end of funding, end of label.

Dx

The label was designed by John Bollen (from Earby who met Dave Godin when John was at Art College in the London area. Can I find my 444 label - can I hell :(

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I had the crow autumn of tomorrow on a 444 acetate which I sold to Mick White from Coalville, I had it from Rob Wiggly who from Jim Wensiora.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!